Ratings & Reactions: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

188 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/02/22 at 23:59

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

This team has cost over 100m to assemble

Considerably over.

I estimate it at about £230m worth of players getting on the pitch for us today. And that's with Chambers, McGinn, Ramsey and Chuk costing a cheese sandwich and a button between them.

• Like 1

Newcastle wanted that far more. Being outplayed i can take, but we were simply worked off the park.

Horrible game summed up by the winner being a deflected goal and a ref determined to see that as the winner!

The problem is when you're given the funds to sign Coutinho and Digne in January, you expect something... 

Perhaps recruiting someone from a poor league who'd done well against a team coached by Neil Lennon was a punt afterall. He is either going to turn out to be good, or turn out to be Tim Sherwood. 

Just now, Dale said:

The problem is when you're given the funds to sign Coutinho and Digne in January, you expect something... 

Perhaps recruiting someone from a poor league who'd done well against a team coached by Neil Lennon was a punt afterall. He is either going to turn out to be good, or turn out to be Tim Sherwood. 

Time patience that’s what he needs

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Can’t we have a no one option for MOTM, worse game I’ve seen all season, I do t want to see Watkins start for us again this season he’s having such a bad season

Agree. I had to vote for MOTM but not one of them even merited a 4/10. Only voted Digne as he least was an outlet, even if his final ball was woeful.

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

That's where I was at during the Leeds match. It was a sensation I've never felt watching football.  Feels like yet another futile endeavour to add to the list...

I’m sure it’s the same for most teams but you do have to stop and wonder what we get from support our teams at times other than constant disappointment. If I don’t get enjoyment out of something then I avoid it or stop doing it altogether, therefore I have to question why I watched this game today.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Makes you wonder what happened (or didn’t happen) during the intensive two week mini preseason. 

I was just thinking the same thing. We've gone backwards. 

Mings the only player to come out of the day with any credit. The rest were all awful.

Gerrard got beaten by Eddie Who.... Newcastle's full backs went off injured and we didn't capitalise on that but just continued with the crap passing and giving the ball away at every opportunity. Season is more or less done now. Just play the bloody kids. 

Â