Ratings & Reactions: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

188 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/02/22 at 23:59

Is it my eyes or is Gerrard's one tactic to get the centre backs to piss about on their own 18 yard line for a couple of minutes and then just lump it "Peter Kay style" up the field to the waiting opposition players so they can counter attack?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I don’t think JJ, Doug and Mcginn are going to work as a 3 in the middle. JJ gets forward well but offers nothing defensively. McGinn is the most aggressive midfielder we have and that’s valuable but he’s not great on the ball and just lumped it in the first half. And Doug is tidy on the ball but doesn’t protect the back 4 enough. It needs to be changed 

• Like 2

Gerrard is making a rod for his own back with the system. It really is that simple. The defence is a mess, no natural width, slow in possession, no movement....the list goes on. The worrying thing for me is he is starting to make similar mistakes to Smith with his over extending of the back line and lack of width. After today you can't really say we are dominating the middle either in compensation for giving up the wings.

• Like 1

Yet again not picking up points in a supposedly good run of fixtures. We seemed to have regressed during the 2 weeks break not sure what they did at Bodymoor. Wished we played one of the cancelled games in the cup weekend as we haven't got going at all. Mid table hear we come, not sure that was on the agenda when we sacked Deano and brought in SG in.

Poor team performance.

That goal should never have been disallowed. Simply wasn't offside!

Terrible ref performance.

Should have rotated a bit after a tough match against Leeds on Wednesday gone.

Only Mings and Coutinho come away with any credit.

• Like 1

Leeds result yesterday was a hint the team could be flat, but we didn’t change the starting line up, naïve.

Newcastle are awful and we gifted them three points.

Edited by QldVilla
  • Like 1

My 2 year old has had raging D&V all week and still hasn't produced as much shit as the Villa did over the past 90 minutes.

Absolutely awful to a man. Took me an age to pick a MOTM because I couldn't think of anyone who wasn't terrible.

I wasn't particularly enthused by the Gerrard appointment and am getting less so by the week. We don't look in any way coached. All over the place at the back, no plan going forward, players can't string two passes together, just shit all over.

• Like 1

That was one of the worst performances I've seen, at times almost looked as if some of our players were misplacing passes on purpose it was that bad. Worst thing about it was that Newcastle were poor themselves. Need to see a big reaction now against Watford.

• Like 1

Another gameweek, another below par performance, and another rating below Average for the manager.

There is no style of play at all and whilst this can take time to adopt, I cannot see anything that is taking place. Mostly it is just long balls from the back to nobody.

When we do start trying to play it is too late and the opposition is 1-0 up and able to hold us off. The ref was a disgrace too ruling that goal out, but the fact that we barely laid a glove on a shitty Newcastle defence bar that Watkins disallowed goal is mind boggling. 

Most of our players are underperforming - if Ramsey and Coutinho are nullified like they were today, there is no one else. Our strikers cannot score goals, our defence cannot keep clean sheets, our midfield is powder puff and barely noticeable for the 90 minutes.

Big investment last summer from the owners and again in January and they have to witness 90 minutes of that. No f***ing wonder this club hasn't won a trophy in nearly 30 years. 

Pathetic performance...

Defence   Comedy gold

Midfield weak as piss

Attack ...non existent

Watkins ....Teflon personified

Cash  .lots of opportunities for a good cross and he delivered non

Â