Ratings & Reactions: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

188 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/02/22 at 23:59

It’s a terrible performance from us. But it’s getting harder and harder to watch this league as you know who the ref is going to favour from minute 1. 

I think that could be the worst referring performance I’ve ever seen. He’s allowed Newcastle to stop attack after attack with no hint of cards and hands them out to Villa player for nothing. 

And why can you say about VAR? You can’t celebrate a goal anymore as you know they will do everything in their power to rule it out. 

Big win for Terrorist United. They have obviously paid their money and will be staying up this season! 

• Like 1

Newcastle were shit, had players out, and we didn't get near them today. Absolute garbage. That was worse than any performance under Smith. 

It is absolutely criminal that we ended up with more yellows than Newcastle, 2 different sets of rules and it absolutely affected the flow of the game. 

• Like 1

First time in a while, i've got ZERO positive to say.

That was absolute garbage.

I blame the players for a lethargic, inept and lazy performance.

And I blame the manager for not doing much if anything about it.

Same things I used to get frustrated at Deano about.

Bizarre performance.

" It's the hope that kills you ".

Ollie needs to be dropped.

Possibly McGinn as well.

• Like 4

Genuine disgrace of a poor performance and I'm afraid to say a real knock to my belief in Gerrard to take us forward - for him to be slumped sulking like a child when we still had time to get something is just pathetic. 

January business not good enough - we needed a DM desperately and yet spunked that money on Digne who we didn't need. Targett must be delighted at the way its played out for him - wouldn't surprise me if Newcastle overtake us at this rate. 

We should consider selling the following players in the summer as they aren't good enough: Cash, Luiz, McGinn, Watkins, Bailey - all pretenders as far as I'm concerned

• Like 1

We are amazingly poor all over the pitch. Confidence seems to be completely shot. NU played bang average today and won at a canter which just shows how poor we really were.  I worry about our defending but the midfield is a shambles. They look like they all met five minutes before kick off

Watkins, Cash, McGinn and Luiz all dog dirt today and it's killed us, I'm not putting JJ in that box because he's still a youngster - but he also had a stinker.

Time to twist and bring some new faces in, although how Sanson didn't get on today I'll never know. Assume he's leaving the club with Watkins, Luiz and Cash in the summer.

What an abject performance, no idea why we got rid of Deano tbh.  

• Like 2

Utterly disgraceful performance. Again.

Terrible refereeing and dirty Newcastle team but holy shit we were bad. Really bad.

WTF did we do in our mini pre season???? 

Out fought, out thought and outplayed by Brentford, Leeds and Newcastle. Simply not good enough. The new manager bounce has gone for Gerrard, he needs to start showing what he is capable of and that he is actually an upgrade on Smith on the pitch. He needs to start showing that he is more than just a name.

Utter shit show against rubbish teams. Don't give me bollocks about teams fighting for their lives and no one has any right to beat anyone else, if we are serious about where we want to go then we have to beat teams like these, there are no excuses now, none.

• Like 1

I think I’m at the same place mentally when we were under Lambert. Basically, I’m past caring and am starting to dislike the squad. Fed up of letting this club ruin my weekends. Call me fairweather but I’m not a masochist so it’s time to take a step back me thinks. 

• Like 3

Poor game, poor performance, too many fouls, ref was the opposite to the one we had on Wednedsday which made for a stop start type of game.  Subs didnt work. Watkins poor but the offside goal was too close to be given offside imo. VAR shouldn't be meant for that. Brainless play at times. I gave Mings MOTM because he was best of a bad lot. 

Â