Ratings & Reactions: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

188 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/02/22 at 23:59

A pretty disappointing result, and a disappointing performance.

I think we probably deserved a point in that game, but only because Newcastle were dire going forwards for most of the game.

I'm starting to feel concerned about the trajectory of the team now. All it'll take is a couple of good results to change the mood, but we haven't shown much recently that might indicate we'd get them.

• Like 2

I really don’t think Gerrard is the messiah. He looked like he had absolutely given up at the end - slumped on his chair looking like he’s just found out his wife had cheated on him. We still had two minutes left - he should have been on the touch line firing them up! That said everything to me on why this team couldn’t beat a rug. 

Just now, jim said:

First poor of his tenure from me. Needs to do more. 

If you think this is our first poor game under him then you are far more generous than me. Imo we've mostly been average or bad.

This is just the straw that broke the camel's back for me in turns of criticising.

I still have patience and look forward eagerly to see what we look like next season, but so far it has not been good enough.

I’m under no illusions this was a good performance, but we didn’t actually deserve to lose this and were robbed by a VAR who can’t draw lines. If you need the bastard lines to make a call, at lesst draw them in the right place. Krafth’s heel was inside the f***ing line. And no way should they have finished with 11 players. Thugs.

• Like 1

Â