Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

We are discussing the same players in rotation, kamara is certain to join Atletico deal done……soooo bring in the two below.  

DM - Joao Palhinha (Sporting CP) Age 26 ✅ 

CB - ?? 

ST - Andre Gomes (RB Leipzig) Age 26 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RicRic said:

We are discussing the same players in rotation, kamara is certain to join Atletico deal done……soooo bring in the two below.  

CB - ?? 

Says who? until it is someone reliable he is still available to sign.

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

CB - ?? 

Andre Silva 😉

10 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

How does Sangare stack up against Kamara, Phillips, Bissouma and Kondogbia? In fact, who is the best and worst from that lot?! 

Probably between him and Kamara as to who is the best. Of course there’ll be the worry of not having played in the PL. Then Phillips/Bissouma. We could just go for Mohammed Camera from Salzburg. Bissouma’s international teammate. Going to be one of the best DM’s in Europe in the next few years. 

• Like 1

I'm personally pretty wary of Bundesliga now after Sancho, Werner, Havertz looking like generational talents and then struggling to make an impact in the PL. Can add Bailey to that as well to a lesser extent. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lord Willard said:

I personally don't think we need a striker.

All we need is two quality players. RCB and DM and replace whoever we sell. 

I'd argue we need another DM/CM on top of that, without a doubt.

To be honest, if you said to me we were only signing a DC, DMx2 this summer I'd probably be happy. We'd finish in the top 10 next season if we do. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

I personally don't think we need a striker.

All we need is two quality players. RCB and DM and replace whoever we sell. 

I think we do.  Chances we miss week in week out are ridiculous.  Even though i like Walkins because of his 💯  effort id sell him for 50m and buy an upgrade.

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'd argue we need another DM/CM on top of that, without a doubt.

To be honest, if you said to me we were only signing a DC, DMx2 this summer I'd probably be happy. We'd finish in the top 10 next season if we do. 

Correct but we also need two full backs 

21 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

A couple of other names from the Bundesliga...
Taiwo Awoniyi & Moussa Diaby. 

I don't know much about them but they seem to have scored a few goals this year...could they be an option?!

Diaby is an excellent player, previously tipped by me so he is obviously good 😊 

having so many in the position he plays in now is a problem for us as we play a different formation now unfortunately and we would have to sell at least trez/aeg and Traore to go and buy him

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, villaglint said:

I'm personally pretty wary of Bundesliga now after Sancho, Werner, Havertz looking like generational talents and then struggling to make an impact in the PL. Can add Bailey to that as well to a lesser extent. 

It would be absolutely hilarious if Haaland flopped. Unlikely but brilliant.

28 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Diaby is an excellent player, previously tipped by me so he is obviously good 😊 

having so many in the position he plays in now is a problem for us as we play a different formation now unfortunately and we would have to sell at least trez/aeg and Traore to go and buy him

You really should try and get into football scouting cause you clearly think you're amazing at spotting players.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

You really should try and get into football scouting cause you clearly think you're amazing at spotting players.

Everyone on VT is amazing at spotting players. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

A couple of other names from the Bundesliga...
Taiwo Awoniyi & Moussa Diaby. 

I don't know much about them but they seem to have scored a few goals this year...could they be an option?!

Diaby would be good pick up. Was one of those PSG got rid of to get in their fantasy 11 but he's been very good for Leverkusen (one of the reasons they were happy to lose Bailey last summer).

Leverkusen have a few players who'd probably fit us well. Patrick Schick been around a while and scored 24 goals in 27 in Bundesliga so he's matured nicely, Diaby and I like a few of their lads at the back.

Big fan of Tapsoba and even Jonathan Tah has had a good season. Was going to say with his profile he'd be more of a replacement for Mings but he plays on the right so might pop up as a target.

Leverkusen qualified for CL again but ultimately their business model is to sell players when their value is at its highest or near enough as was the case with Bailey last summer.

For a full back, what about James Tavernier, captain of Rangers and top scorer in Europa League this year and obviously Europa Cup finalist. Hits a dead ball like TAA of Liverpool. May not want to leave mind you. Been there a while and might want a wee run in Champions League if they win tonight.