Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

25 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He wasn't. 

You think this while others do not - what others will pay tends to set price levels. If a person/club decides not to participate that is their decision but they risk being left behind.

5 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I kind of agree, he could be worth 1m he could be worth 100m in a few years.

Personally I see transfers as bets, where some players have more attractive odds than others.

Yep, and if I was a betting man I would bet that Chuk's value will be more than 20m in the coming years.

Young player transfers are definitely bets, I think older players are more about their immediate value to the team. And the value will depend hugely on how much the player is needed by the club. For example, if Mings and Chambers both get serious injuries in Dec then the value of a new CB to Villa would be huge. This would be reflected in the price we have to pay. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

You think this while others do not - what others will pay tends to set price levels. If a person/club decides not to participate that is their decision but they risk being left behind.

The price levels have been overinflated by teams like City, United and Chelsea.

Just now, duke313 said:

This is probably true but “we are where we are” and competition sets price levels. You have a choice: either compete or reduce in significance.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I think the price inflation is not down to individual teams, it is down to the money that the Premier League is able to sell broadcasting rights for. This is in turn passed out in prize money and the level of prize money helps a player to determine his own value. A proven goal scorer will know how much leverage he has when negotiating wages and a club will know the value of a player when they are selling him and what that means to the buying club. Brentford paid Hull City 17m for a player in the window just gone. The bigger and more wealthy clubs can afford to pay higher but it is the entire league that drive prices up and not the top few teams imo

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tom13 said:

He went to Real Sociedad in July.

Only on Loan right? Still a Madrid player?

21 hours ago, paul514 said:

No.

Yes!

3 hours ago, trillvillan said:

No chance for us - but this Murdyk fella is class. 

I could only dream of seeing him in a Villa top. 

Sign him up. I've applied for the scouting job at Aston Villa, hopefully they give me a interview soon

• Haha 1