Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

5 hours ago, villaglint said:

I'm personally pretty wary of Bundesliga now after Sancho, Werner, Havertz looking like generational talents and then struggling to make an impact in the PL. Can add Bailey to that as well to a lesser extent. 

Yes but for everyone of them there’s a, De Bruyne ,Thiago, Son, Konate, Gundogan, Firminio , Aubameyang ect.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Telegraph stating we are after Hickey. It's a face off with Arsenal like Buendia again then.

Oooo, that's weird cause I was just reading that Brentford are front runners for him and Arsenal denied that they were in talks for him? This was in the times.

Is it me or does Arsenal always be seem to be linked to half the players in Europe?  Feeds into the delusion their fans have that they seem to think everyone wants to join Arsenal/is an Arsenal fan.  

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

Is it me or does Arsenal always be seem to be linked to half the players in Europe?  Feeds into the delusion their fans have that they seem to think everyone wants to join Arsenal/is an Arsenal fan.  

Yeah, they seem to be linked with everybody.  I think they are at most risk of dropping out of the 'big 6' so to speak.  Losing out on CL is a massive blow, and I can see Newcastle overtaking them in a couple seasons.

3 minutes ago, KMitch said:

They are easy targets for fake links.

They could conceivably attract and sign either Champions League or Championship talent.

So they suddenly can be a name thrown in for almost anybody - particularly as they have needs at CB, Fullback, midfield and up front 

Throw in a London location and the media attention that comes with, they'll be tacked on to every link. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, villaglint said:

I'm personally pretty wary of Bundesliga now after Sancho, Werner, Havertz looking like generational talents and then struggling to make an impact in the PL. Can add Bailey to that as well to a lesser extent. 

There are disappointments from every league, even the Premier League.

As for Sancho, let's not blame the Bundesliga. That's on Man United for buying players because people know the names and then not having any plan what to do with them. He's hardly the only young player they've bought who gets stuck in the mud once there. The entire team is full of them.

• Like 2

In his pre match presser SG seemed to suggest we were " doing well " on the potential transfer front ( When asked about progress ) so let's see!

Also asked " Will fans be excited? "

He replied " I hope so " 

( " John Arne Riise is an outstanding fullback! " )

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In his pre match presser SG seemed to suggest we were " doing well " on the potential transfer front ( When asked about progress ) so let's see!

Also asked " Will fans be excited? "

He replied " I hope so " 

( " John Arne Riise is an outstanding fullback! " )

Imagine if he suggested things weren’t going well though. Like a used car salesman saying all his cars are shite.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Imagine if he suggested things weren’t going well though. Like a used car salesman saying all his cars are shite.

True.

Although, he could have just done the standard " We're working hard to improve the squad etc "

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Also

”Also asked " Will fans be excited? "

He replied " I hope so " 

imagine if SG said, “nah, fans will be disappointed who we are interested in”

😂😭😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I really hope we can convince Milner to join us instead of him extending his stay at Liverpool. He has a huge amount to offer still on the pitch and even more so in the dressing room and on the training ground. 

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Also

”Also asked " Will fans be excited? "

He replied " I hope so " 

imagine if SG said, “nah, fans will be disappointed who we are interested in”

😂😭😂

OR

" Mate... I've been on Villattaallllcccchhhhh ... nout ill get these lot excaaaaiiited aside from mi P fffooootttyyy Faaaave )

lol

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I really hope we can convince Milner to join us instead of him extending his stay at Liverpool. He has a huge amount to offer still on the pitch and even more so in the dressing room and on the training ground. 

I love Milner and would always have taken him back in a heartbeat.

However now, I'm not sure I would, not because of him, or his age, just because it's low hanging fruit from all angles for the usual suspects to have a field day on.

Club

Wage

Connection

All wrong under the circumstances. lol

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I love Milner and would always have taken him back in a heartbeat.

However now, I'm not sure I would, not because of him, or his age, just because it's low hanging fruit from all angles for the usual suspects to have a field day on.

Club

Wage

Connection

All wrong under the circumstances. lol

We need these types of senior pros and winners in the squad though. He's the guy you bring off the bench on 70 mins to make sure you win the game. To see it over the line. 5 subs remember

• Like 1

People will complain about oh look at these players, too old etc.. 

Look at the young players we've signed from abroad for big fee's have Sanson, Bert, Bailey etc.. do we need more of them is it?

If we have senior pro's like Suarez, Milner, Young who are vocal and have a drive and a level of standards that drag the squad up to. While also contributing on the pitch. We need that