Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 hours ago, Steero113 said:

I would see David as a like-for-like replacement for Ollie Watkins only. They are very similar, albeit David is younger.

If anything Watkins has better output than him. 

They are very similar, and David is younger so could possibly improve.  TBH signing David would mean we are selling Watkins.  

Aston Villa: Interest intensifying in Luiz replacement

https://thisisfutbol.com/2022/05/blogs/premier-league/aston-villa-sangare-lastest-luiz-transfer-news-update-gossip-gerrard-avfc-news-now-josh-holland/

REPORT: CHELSEA JOIN CRYSTAL PALACE & NEWCASTLE IN RACE TO SIGN £30M ASTON VILLA TARGET

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/05/14/report-chelsea-join-crystal-palace-newcastle-in-race-to-sign-30m-aston-villa-target/

@HalfTimePost

Edited by A'Villan

15 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

REPORT: CHELSEA JOIN CRYSTAL PALACE & NEWCASTLE IN RACE TO SIGN £30M ASTON VILLA TARGET

Its very possible that chelsea will not exist as a club very soon.

1 minute ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Mad isn’t it. Imagine winning all those trophies because of Abramovichs money… but then also ending up with no club at all because of Abramovichs money. 

Sangare… interesting link.

4 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Mad isn’t it. Imagine winning all those trophies because of Abramovichs money… but then also ending up with no club at all because of Abramovichs money. 

Sangare… interesting link.

Seems like a good player, has 3rd most interceptions in Eredivise and 2nd most tackles winning possession.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

He is younger as well. Lille are happy to sell but his goalscoring is streaky. can hit 6 in 4 games then go 8 weeks without another 

For 30 million would take a risk but Lille got 70 for Oshimen so tough negotiators

I'm a Napoli fan, and I think that while their numbers during Osimhen's one season at Lille were similar, Osimhen's the better scorer. He's more aggressive too. The difference is David does a better job of staying healthy. 

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

Yes and an online legend because of how fast he is on FIFA. Believe he hasn't been quite as good this year, but he has a lot of potential and is absolutely rapid for a CB. Which is always a plus as helps not get caught on the counter, but also you don't want to rely on a CBs pace to defend, otherwise an injury can ruin them, not a CB but a bit like Bellerin could always rely on his pace to get him out of a bind and just can't anymore.

Haven't seen a lot of him but believe he's pretty good at playing out from the back. 

Dirty word but I think similar to Maguire in that he likes to step into midfield and carry the ball.  Interesting to see what those who watch the Bundesliga more often think on his ability to play out from the back.

One thing about defenders from the Bundesliga, they tend to be good with the ball because of how many teams in that league press high. I haven't seen much of Lacroix at all, but his numbers suggest he's a good distributor of the ball, and if he's able to deal with pressing forwards, he's a huge improvement over who we have back there now.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Steero113 said:

I would see David as a like-for-like replacement for Ollie Watkins only. They are very similar, albeit David is younger.

If anything Watkins has better output than him. 

Yeah don't know much about him outside of Fifa wonderkids, but the couple people i've asked have said " He's basically a younger, better version of Ollie Watkins "

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah don't know much about him outside of Fifa wonderkids, but the couple people i've asked have said " He's basically a younger, better version of Ollie Watkins "

Better is debatable, but he is younger so perhaps will get better in time.  I was looking at his stats this season, and they are very similar to Ollie.  

I did notice a player called Martin Terrier, he's 3rd top scorer in Ligue 1, and his stats are much more impressive this season than David.  Have never heard of him or seen him linked with anyone.

• Like 1

Just now, duke313 said:

Better is debatable, but he is younger so perhaps will get better in time.  I was looking at his stats this season, and they are very similar to Ollie.  

I did notice a player called Martin Terrier, he's 3rd top scorer in Ligue 1, and his stats are much more impressive this season than David.  Have never heard of him or seen him linked with anyone.

Terrier would be a good buy. His pressing stats are up there with the best in the world. Has also scored a good chunk of goals this season and isn't a name often banded about.

He's linked to Spurs but would be ideal for us.

He had a 'big' move to Lyon earlier in his career but just wasn't able to make the step that they'd anticipated. He Was there for 2 seasons, scored 10 goals in that time and then they moved him on again.

He's now hitting his prime and has been on fire for Rennes. 30 goals in 70 apps (Vs 10 in 55 for Lyon). At 25 he's looking like the player that was anticipated he may turn out to be at 20-odd.

Because of the 'failed' Lyon experiment, it may be other CL clubs don't make that jump yet, making him hugely possible for us. It could also be that another move for him doesn't work out. But his stats are hugely impressive, particularly as a Firmino-esque presser from the front bringing others into play.

• Like 1

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

Terrier would be a good buy. His pressing stats are up there with the best in the world. Has also scored a good chunk of goals this season and isn't a name often banded about.

He had a 'big' move to Lyon earlier in his career but just wasn't able to make the step that they'd anticipated. He Was there for 2 seasons, scored 10 goals in that time and then they moved him on again.

He's now hitting his prime and has been on fire for Rennes. 30 goals in 70 apps (Vs 10 in 55 for Lyon). At 25 he's looking like the player that was anticipated he may turn out to be at 20-odd.

Because of the 'failed' Lyon experiment, it may be other CL clubs don't make that jump yet, making him hugely possible for us. It could also be that another move for him doesn't work out. But his stats are hugely impressive, particularly as a Firmino-esque presser from the front bringing others into play.

(If anyone looks at his FBref, switch him to Vs Forwards to see his stats, they are very impressive, the initial view is Vs Wingers and Attacking mids, which naturally isn't quite as impressive for a striker in terms of pressures, interceptions and tackles)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jim said:

Fits the pensioner profile, nearly 29 and he'll barely be able to move next season.

He's 28, not 68! Are you a Sandman from the film Logan's Run (whose job is to track down 30 year old runners)? if so, I claim my image.jpeg.888a59af7b40757514cbe29ace9df188.jpeg and better start running now!:D

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

See these are the kind of deals I can see us doing in order to get a jump on the likes of Newcastle, players we aren't linked too in the media.  Keep cards close to the chest then spring a transfer out of nowhere

• Thanks 1

I'm not sure Watkins and David are that similar, since moving to centre-forward, Watkins has become more of an out and out striker that will work hard, run the channels, hold the ball up, and provide a threat in the penalty box, and he's got his pace as well.

From what I've seen David seems more of skill based player, better on the ball, a better dribbler, more versatile, could easily play as a wide forward or even as an attacking midfielder.

Basically if we were to sign him, I think he and Watkins could play in the same team no problem, or we could have them both in the squad in they would both offer us something unique.

All that said I doubt the links to David, I think if we want another striker it will probably be because we want someone who's going to be more prolific than Ings or Watkins have been, someone to finish the chances we've been missing, so will be more of an out and out goal scorer type.

53 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

I'll be honest.. I'd sacrifice us signing anyone for the next year to make this happen 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, duke313 said:

See these are the kind of deals I can see us doing in order to get a jump on the likes of Newcastle, players we aren't linked too in the media.  Keep cards close to the chest then spring a transfer out of nowhere

I think a problem we have, and there's not much the club can do, is agents leaking stuff - and the selling clubs to be fair. We're putting a lot of feelers out, as we did last year and agents are getting busy to get more interest in their guy.