Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

13 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

That's a lucky break for us if he's out for a long time. Stop us doing anything daft. Clearly we were going to start messing about trying to overpay for an injury-prone Liverpool reserve.

Sorry for the lad it is a bad one.

Not sure an injury can keep us from signing him. Could possibly be an argument to lower the fee to 30m if we’re lucky.

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

How does Sangare stack up against Kamara, Phillips, Bissouma and Kondogbia? In fact, who is the best and worst from that lot?! 

Well Kamara and Sangare are the only two in that list who are CDM's the other two are double pivot players who play next to the CDM

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Yeah, I talked about him as well. I'm pretty sure Southampton tried and he couldn't get a work permit.

You can be my assistant DOF then 😶

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

How does Sangare stack up against Kamara, Phillips, Bissouma and Kondogbia? In fact, who is the best and worst from that lot?! 

Hard to say as he playing in the Dutch league, but he’s one of the best tacklers and interceptions in the league. Make of that what you will.

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Varies in price and wages.

Phillips for £40m and £150k a week is by far the worst value.

I'd most like Kamara as he can cover CB. He's also the youngest. If we can convince him to sign, which we probably can't, he'll be much more valuable in a few years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Description I've read seem to suggest he's very comfortable with ball at his feet and playing out etc.

We should be looking at players that blow players like Konsa and Mings out the water defensively and not having any uncertainty on whos better (with all due respect to them both) we need a strong assured improvement. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

Generally interested to know, if we can get two midfielders in this summer, who would people like to see us sign and why?

I still like the look of Bissouma and Phillips. Those two in a double holding pivot with three players in front and one striker would be magic in my opinion.

I do struggle with some of the popular names across Europe, purely because I’ve hardly seen them play.

Kamara (Marseilles) and Koopmeiners (Atalanta)

Both of them can play as centre backs, both play CDM, both are good at passing and you could get both for less than 30 million combined.

I practically led a one man campaign last summer to sign Koopmeiners from AZ and he was eventually sold for 11m.

My idea would be to play them in a double pivot, if we could get Luiz to sign a new deal he would be perfect to rotate with them as he would be playing next to an actual CDM.

They would make us much more defensively solid, got a right and left foot in there, can ping balls from deep with them, Koopmeiners is a captain, they can drop deep into central defence so it is like you have 4 centre backs at times. 

Honestly it would be perfect.

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Hard to say as he playing in the Dutch league, but he’s one of the best tacklers and interceptions in the league. Make of that what you will.

He was good before he moved to PSV as well.

7 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I’m more excited about the introduction of the word ‘attentive’ to our transfer jargon lexicon.

I assume this has come from the use of the word ‘entice’ which occasionally makes an appearance. Looking forward to more sexy transfer language emerging:

‘Virile Villa to seduce Mbappe’

’Villa bat eyelids at stunner’

‘Gerrard beds transfer target’

’NSWE whisper into the ear of wonderkid. Supporters aroused’

‘Villa manager hard on Suarez’

Sherwood getting a facial off Nantes when we signed Veretout was my favourite a few years back!

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Played well during AFCON. Think he'd be a smart pick up alongside a more established DM.

Sanson and probably Luiz are leaving so we need two CMs in this summer just to have same numbers next year.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Played well during AFCON. Think he'd be a smart pick up alongside a more established DM.

Sanson and probably Luiz are leaving so we need two CMs in this summer just to have same numbers next year.

Kamara and Sangare would be good business, both for about £30m

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If we go after Gomez in the summer I will start to question Gerrard.

I had a nightmare last night that our summer signings were Suarez, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Wijnaldum and Gomez.

🤮

I forget the Ox actually exists every six months.

Is he injured yet again or just out of favour at Liverpool? He's been around for well over a decade so must be close to 30 now so certainly one to avoid.

Promoted team will probably take a chance on him.

3 hours ago, TRO said:

I think that is the main problem......its why we have scouts.

but to me, it seems they have a blind spot, when it comes to signing CDM's.

I know exactly what we need, in my mind and I feel, I know when we have players playing there, that are not right......finding a player to fit that role is not so easy, for a layman.

Isn’t it the managers job to identify type of and sign off on players and isn’t the scouts job to identify players the manager wants ? 

34 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Isn’t it the managers job to identify type of and sign off on players and isn’t the scouts job to identify players the manager wants ? 

It’s the scouts job to find suitable players for whatever position the manager wants.

I really think Tyler Adams would be a good signing if we're looking for an 8 aswell which you'd assume with Sanson going and McGinn really needing some serious competition.

Been consistant for Leipzig for last few seasons in Bundesliga and CL and still only 23.

That would be ambitious signing imo.

Was going to say he also chips in with goals as remember him scoring v Atletico Madrid in CL....but that's his only goal in last 3 seasons!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1