Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Generally interested to know, if we can get two midfielders in this summer, who would people like to see us sign and why?

I still like the look of Bissouma and Phillips. Those two in a double holding pivot with three players in front and one striker would be magic in my opinion.

I do struggle with some of the popular names across Europe, purely because I’ve hardly seen them play.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Generally interested to know, if we can get two midfielders in this summer, who would people like to see us sign and why?

I still like the look of Bissouma and Phillips. Those two in a double holding pivot with three players in front and one striker would be magic in my opinion.

I do struggle with some of the popular names across Europe, purely because I’ve hardly seen them play.

I think that is the main problem......its why we have scouts.

but to me, it seems they have a blind spot, when it comes to signing CDM's.

I know exactly what we need, in my mind and I feel, I know when we have players playing there, that are not right......finding a player to fit that role is not so easy, for a layman.

Edited by TRO

20 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think that is the main problem......its why we have scouts.

but to me, it seems they have a blind spot, when it comes to signing CDM's.

I know exactly what we need, in my mind and I feel, I know when we have players playing there, that are not right......finding a player to fit that role is not so easy, for a layman.

Finding a good CDM must be harder than it looks, Man Utd are struggling to sign one.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Finding a good CDM must be harder than it looks, Man Utd are struggling to sign one.

I do accept that.....but teams no better than us seem to do it.

have the scouts a blind spot for such a player.

35 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I would be disappointed if we signed both of those two...  It would be underwhelming if after all this talk of expanding scouting and analytics at the club and we end up getting fleeced for two overpriced and overrated players from clubs a level below us.  

Considering we were in the mix for Bentancur and have been pretty heavily linked to both Kondogbia & Kamara by some of the more reputable continental journalists shows we're looking for players at a level above Bissouma/Phillips for similar prices.

18 minutes ago, TRO said:

I do accept that.....but teams no better than us seem to do it.

have the scouts a blind spot for such a player.

Considering how many players for that position we've been linked with over the last few seasons including this one it suggests that it's more about getting the deal over the line that's the issue rather than scouting.

• Like 2

I honestly think it’ll be one of Bissouma and Phillips, and one of the rumoured CDM’s from abroad. It’ll be whichever one we can convince from the big names, they’ll have a lot of big offers as well as ours.

That's a lucky break for us if he's out for a long time. Stop us doing anything daft. Clearly we were going to start messing about trying to overpay for an injury-prone Liverpool reserve.

Sorry for the lad it is a bad one.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Someone else I said we should have signed 2 years ago for what 8 million at the time?

Seriously just employ me as sporting director and you will end up paying less...... 100k a week would secure my signature  😂 

There’s not a chance Gerrards main target won’t be a CDM. The fact he loves Nakamba there and has tried both Chambers and an 18 year old shows the type of player he wants in that position.  

I reckon a CDM will be our first signing.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

That's a lucky break for us if he's out for a long time. Stop us doing anything daft. Clearly we were going to start messing about trying to overpay for an injury-prone Liverpool reserve.

Sorry for the lad it is a bad one.

There's still Curtis Jones and whole string of Liverpool U23s we could overpay for !

5 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Someone else I said we should have signed 2 years ago for what 8 million at the time?

Seriously just employ me as sporting director and you will end up paying less...... 100k a week would secure my signature  😂 

Yeah, I talked about him as well. I'm pretty sure Southampton tried and he couldn't get a work permit.