Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

28 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

OR

" Mate... I've been on Villattaallllcccchhhhh ... nout ill get these lot excaaaaiiited aside from mi P fffooootttyyy Faaaave )

lol

I got the first part of that but couldn’t get the last part, think I’m getting too old to decode the younger generations language further split by accent.

😩

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

There’s not a chance Gerrards main target won’t be a CDM. The fact he loves Nakamba there and has tried both Chambers and an 18 year old shows the type of player he wants in that position.  

I reckon a CDM will be our first signing.

fingers crossed.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Imagine if he suggested things weren’t going well though. Like a used car salesman saying all his cars are shite.

Or Gerald Ratner saying his jewellery, was crap.

20 hours ago, thabucks said:

Isn’t it the managers job to identify type of and sign off on players and isn’t the scouts job to identify players the manager wants ? 

I would assume so.....but I know Tony Barton, was the one who identifield our recruits in the Ron Saunders era........And Peter Taylor was the main man for that, at Forest.

The manager in my understanding is the one who rubber stamps things, the others guide him in the direction, based on his requirements, but there are always exceptions.

Edited by TRO

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

you can't beat a good surprise.

Yeah maybe but Suarez is an easy deal because he’s on a free.  I know Inter are interested but I think this deal has been locked up ages ago and just waiting for the season to end.

The likes of Kamara will drag a bit longer because of the interested clubs and not the connection like Gerrard has with Coutinho and Suarez.  Plus Suarez age!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yeah maybe but Suarez is an easy deal because he’s on a free.  I know Inter are interested but I think this deal has been locked up ages ago and just waiting for the season to end.

The likes of Kamara will drag a bit longer because of the interested clubs and not the connection like Gerrard has with Coutinho and Suarez.  Plus Suarez age!

If it was a done deal it would have been announced already.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Also asked " Will fans be excited? "

He replied " I hope so " 

( " John Arne Riise is an outstanding fullback! " )

:crylaugh:

Very good!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

The defensive midfielder seems to be the position, we are most struggling with, for whatever reasons.

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

If it was a done deal it would have been announced already.

No not always, there can be a variety of reasons why it hasn’t.  

How many free agents this summer have announced where they are going to be next season? Very few.  

How many do you think behind the scenes have agreed something with a club? Quite a few I bet.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

The defensive midfielder seems to be the position, we are most struggling with, for whatever reasons.

For years!

Unfortunately we have the added complexity that quite a few clubs need a DM this summer, more so than usual, so there is a lot of competition for quality DM’s

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

No not always, there can be a variety of reasons why it hasn’t.  

How many free agents this summer have announced where they are going to be next season? Very few.  

How many do you think behind the scenes have agreed something with a club? Quite a few I bet.

Free transfers can be signed from January onwards. Matip to Liverpool for example was announced in February. The big names that have yet to be announced this year are negotiating with multiple clubs for the best offer. If Suarez was as nailed on as you say it would be announced already.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

For years!

Unfortunately we have the added complexity that quite a few clubs need a DM this summer, more so than usual, so there is a lot of competition for quality DM’s

I get that Nick.....but why it's been such an elusive task, for so long, is beyond me.

Many others clubs seem to have put more focus on it than we have.

I am not pointing fingers, but a big club like ours, it seems bizarre to me.....who was before Nakamba ,Jedinak/Whelan.....it seems upgrades have been forgotten.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, nick76 said:

For years!

Maybe the significance of such a beast, is gaining pace.

17 minutes ago, nick76 said:

For years!

100%

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If you're wathcing the UEFA final, we'll also finally get to see the transfer thread legend which is Kamada for Frankfurt!

Has Lange or Purslow been spotted in the crowd yet for all the Rangers players we’re signing?