Calum Chambers

His Name Is Death

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I think it's just more Mings standing here and fact he's the actual captain means he'll always be starting unless he's in terrible form. And Diego is obvious starter given what we've paid and his form at Sevilla.

So unless we suddenly go 3-5-2 Chambers won't start but it's a long season of course.

We could play 3-5-2 much better now than 12 months ago with options we have so I'd like to see it tried out at some stage this season.

Edit: Didn't Gerrard say he was going to make a decision in the captaincy in pre season? Obviously if it just stays with Mings he'll be starting regularly. 

We havent once in pre season tried 3 at the back so really wouldn't be shocked if Tactics Tim 2.0 brought it out randomly on the opening day of the season

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Baker is still at Bristol City, fair play to him. Chambers is a cut above.

Always had a soft spot for Big Nate. Proper no nonsense, 100% defender. Didn't he play rugby as a kid, if he did it would explain why he gets concussed so much!

13 minutes ago, turnbull said:

Always had a soft spot for Big Nate. Proper no nonsense, 100% defender. Didn't he play rugby as a kid, if he did it would explain why he gets concussed so much!

Might be risking his long term health. Another rugby player got diagnosed with MND the other day. 

Chambers a different players, much more ball to feet.

• Like 1

Clearly comfortable on the ball. Probably only behind Carlos for calmness in possession.

Carlos should start every game, but I'd still have Mings partnering him. Callum over Konsa, though, and next pick should either Mings or Carlos be injured.

5 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

Clearly comfortable on the ball. Probably only behind Carlos for calmness in possession.

Carlos should start every game, but I'd still have Mings partnering him. Callum over Konsa, though, and next pick should either Mings or Carlos be injured.

Agreed. Even if he doesn’t start he’s still a huge asset for us given the new 5 sub rule too. 

Edited by Aston_Villan4

9 minutes ago, WHY said:

This lad has been a brilliant signing so far. Great bit of business whoever pulled this off for free. 

3 million I believe actually. For the prices we paid him and Hause are probably the best bargain (non youth, non freebie) cbs in the country. 

Great player. I've always thought of him as a bit of a Rob Holding type duffer...but Callum can really play. 

What a strong choice of CBs we have. 

Carlos and Chambers to start imo. 

• Like 1

Chambers-Carlos is, and should be our starting CB partnership. Mings is the bigger name and has an arguably stronger "presence" on the pitch than Chambers so he will probably start ahead of him. Chambers is a goal threat, excellent in defence and has a great pass on him, as we saw last season. Quickly becoming my favourite player. 

• Like 2

Â