Calum Chambers

His Name Is Death

Whenever he plays he naturally looks the most comfortable on the ball the calmest and really at ease.

So naturally he hardly plays.

Even on the wrong side he look assured and confident and I think took a lot of heat off Konsa and benefitted him massively (though Konsa played well too tbf not to discredit him)

I'm at a total loss.

We have plays like Chambers Luiz Sanson Emi who look so so so comfortable on the ball. Yet don't play. We play players that are not good om the ball.

Isn't football about playing your best footballers?!!!!??!?!!?!??!

Edited by rodders0223
  • Thanks 1

I'd be interested to see him deployed as a DM alongside Kamara at some stage. 

Take McGinn out and start Luiz as an 8 and possibly get Buendia and Coutinho in as well.

Chambers is so comfortable on the ball that he could easily play anywhere so if Konsa and Mings are fit I don't see the harm in trying him alongside Kamara

17 minutes ago, dubliner said:

I'd be interested to see him deployed as a DM alongside Kamara at some stage. 

Take McGinn out and start Luiz as an 8 and possibly get Buendia and Coutinho in as well.

Chambers is so comfortable on the ball that he could easily play anywhere so if Konsa and Mings are fit I don't see the harm in trying him alongside Kamara

This, but in matches where we are expected to be under the cosh and need to hit on the break. Chambers and Kamara in front of the back 4 with Luiz ahead of him. Bailey, Watkins, and based on our current squad, maybe Ramsey as the front 3.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rbcuk said:

Played the better out the two Sunday and gets dropped tonight 🙄

Likewise Luiz. Pathetic management 

• 1 month later...

found it funny that the official social media posted a video over the weekend of the last time we played leeds, here's a video of chambers playing great and scoring a brilliant goal

bad management of him, never let us down, if anything he's looked in competition with mings for our best CB

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

found it funny that the official social media posted a video over the weekend of the last time we played leeds, here's a video of chambers playing great and scoring a brilliant goal

bad management of him, never let us down, if anything he's looked in competition with mings for our best CB

Another classic Gerrard man management moment. Chambers played well then gets benched. Whenever ings starts and scores he is usually benched the next game. Luiz played great against city with kamara and is benched the following game. Great motivation for players.

• Like 2

Just found this item this morning...

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-team-news-forest-25172902

“Calum should be available (vs Forest). He had something in his appendix where he had to have a small procedure. He's in a little pain at the moment but, when we're playing the following Monday, it should help and get him available.”

• 3 weeks later...

Whilst he technically was a Gerrard signing, he was always brought in to be a backup, nothing more. It didn’t matter how well he played and how badly our starters did, he was never going to be picked first.

You could see similar things happening with a lot of different players. I know each manager tend to have their favorites but Gerrard was a bit ridiculous with it. Its like he never considered the actual performances the players put in, once he thought a player was worse than another, he never changed his mind.

I also suspect that Gerrard chose his players whether to purchase or in the team selection almost entirely based on their reputation. Hence why the shift in focus to big name or more experienced players with extensive international pedigree. Poor old callum chambers who got let go on a free by his old club was never going to be looked fondly by gerrard

Edited by Laughable Chimp

Technically our best defender and technically possibly better than McGinn Ramsay and Dendoncker.

Has sold himself a bit easily at times as a defender but who hasn't in this team.

So decent defender on par at least,  best on the ball and a high pedigree from Arsenal.

Stands to reason he's been frozen out by cockwomble.

• Like 1

Â