Calum Chambers

His Name Is Death

Very, very good at getting tight to a player recieving the ball and disrupting them. 

Better players will turn him because of it but for 80% of who we play against it's really effective.

His passing is also more progressive than Konsa. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Can anyone think of a better free transfer in the last decade?

Edit: For Villa specifically of course. 

Borja Baston or Brett Holman run him close. Its not exactly a great list suppose Terry maybe

11 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Can anyone think of a better free transfer in the last decade?

Edit: For Villa specifically of course. 

was it free?, or was it a few hundred K?

Either way, a brilliant signing, im more curious as to the actual fee, as i havent seen it anywhere (from a trustworthy source).

35 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

was it free?, or was it a few hundred K?

Either way, a brilliant signing, im more curious as to the actual fee, as i havent seen it anywhere (from a trustworthy source).

He was a free transfer yes. 

• Thanks 1

Konsa would never have made the pass that he made to Bertie yesterday. The header to Watkins in the 74th minute wasn't half bad either. And who can forget his pass to Coutinho that set up the Dougie goal against Southampton? 

I'm not bashing Konsa, who I rated highly last year and probably is slightly better at defending, but he's one of several players who did not perform as well this year as last. I'd start CC over Konsa right now because he brings more to the team.

• Like 2

Just does the simple things well which perhaps go unnoticed. However, some of his passing, touches etc are sublime for a CB.

Amazing pick up and will be a great asset going into next season. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Would be interesting to see him play at right-back for us.

Depends who against. In normal system he'd struggle to get up and down the line all match.

Given I was underwhelmed by his signing I have to say he's been excellent in pretty much all matches so fair play to him. Our defensive stats with him starting are very strong and him and Mings looks a good combo so that's important for next season given Konsa has struggled since xmas and we don't know exactly when he'll be back fit.

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Don't think he would work at RB anymore just like I don't think Mings would work at LB anymore.

Big body and knee injury is a bad combo.

From my experience the knee injury is not even required to lack mobility.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

It's easy to forget that once upon a time he was going to be the next big thing.

Really good signing, particularly on the cheap.

I thought he looked superb at Southampton, thought he would go on to be a top player. Didn't think he looked all that good at Arsenal for the most part, but so far for us he's looked very good.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Don't think he would work at RB anymore just like I don't think Mings would work at LB anymore.

Big body and knee injury is a bad combo.

He'd be OK as an injury stand in, but I wouldn't expect much bombing forwards. Konsa also had a few good games at RB in the past.

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

He'd be OK as an injury stand in, but I wouldn't expect much bombing forwards. Konsa also had a few good games at RB in the past.

Yeah he'd likely be OK as a stay at home RB. Kinda negates the way we aim to play thou and we have no width apart from our full backs.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah he'd likely be OK as a stay at home RB. Kinda negates the way we aim to play thou and we have no width apart from our full backs.

Agreed. We'd need at least 1 wide player in the team to compensate.

• Like 1

Â