Calum Chambers

His Name Is Death

Konsa was never going to be dropped he's been one of our best and most reliable performers since promotion, you don't just drop players that have been as good as him just because of a few bad games, or because an understudy has come in and done okay, would be like if Martinez had a few bad games he wouldn't be dropped either, or if Martinez was injured and Olsen came in and kept a few clean sheets, Martinez would still come back into the team, because like konsa, he's been one of our better players.

Hause has come into the team on numerous occasions and done well, but then dropped when both Mings and Konsa have become available again, for the same reason.

• Like 1

2 things stood out against Norwich:

- He kept Pukki quiet and forced him to switch sides late in the game.

- He takes a lot of pressure off Mings. He will take the responsibility for playing out of the back instead of turning and passing sideways to Mings every time.

Did anyone notice Konsa was missing? Chambers starts from this point forward for mine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Always impressed when I watch him, just feels solid. He also gives us another option to play out from the back, for some reason Konsa doesn't seem trusted with this.

It must be that he doesn't trust himself. I can't envisage a world where he's been told to only pass it to Mings or Cash.

4 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

It must be that he doesn't trust himself. I can't envisage a world where he's been told to only pass it to Mings or Cash.

Something's very wrong if we're relying on Cash to build attacks though.

16 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Something's very wrong if we're relying on Cash to build attacks though.

Can't disagree with that. Cash just needs a technically sound player inside to pass to and to leg it towards their byline.

• Like 1

Strange decision to drop Ezri after a clean sheet against Leicester. Surely, the time to do this was after the Spurs game. Nothing against Chambers, who has played well. Just strange timing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, USA_Villa said:

Strange decision to drop Ezri after a clean sheet against Leicester. Surely, the time to do this was after the Spurs game. Nothing against Chambers, who has played well. Just strange timing.

Yeah weird player management that. Konsa was very poor for a couple games (extremely poor against spurs) and then although still looked shaky in the Leicester game, he got a clean sheet to help bring some confidence back and then gets dropped. Chambers also shouldn't have lost his spot in the first place.

• Like 1

On 30/04/2022 at 17:35, HanoiVillan said:

Didn't like this signing in January, but he's been pretty impressive and better than Konsa for me. Okay, it was an easy opponent, but another clean sheet as well.

Daft yellow mind you.

Do you think it was a yellow ? It looked as soft a yellow as I can remember and given some of the Norwich challenges I think he can consider himself very unlucky. The ref was very poor though I have to say 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, punkiller1981 said:

Do you think it was a yellow ? It looked as soft a yellow as I can remember and given some of the Norwich challenges I think he can consider himself very unlucky. The ref was very poor though I have to say 

From my view in The Holte, Chambers’ hands were raised and merely brushed the Norwich player’s chest. The ref was conned by Rashica’s play acting, holding his face. I’d say Rashica’s behaviour was somewhat fishy.

Against a team like Norwich, he's excellent. They don't have the attackers to give him a hard time and he can show off his good technique on the ball. He's not a good enough defender to be first choice against top half opposition, but he's a very useful squad option. 

The question for me is where does this leave Konsa? 

Â