Calum Chambers

His Name Is Death

Fulham’s player of the season as a DM

couldnt we play him and Kamara as 2 holding DM’s and then 3 attacking midfielders and 2 up top ? 

Edited by tonyh29
Wrote defenders instead of DM’s
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

couldnt we play him and Kamara as 2 holding defenders and then 3 attacking midfielders and 2 up top ? 

I'd have been tempted to try him Mings and Carlos in a 3 so we're not as exposed by width with the wingbacks flying forward, but I wouldn't be opposed to this

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'd have been tempted to try him Mings and Carlos in a 3 so we're not as exposed by width with the wingbacks flying forward, but I wouldn't be opposed to this

This would make more sense if we had aerial threat in the box, to maximise the crosses from our wingbacks. We don't have that type of striker

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

couldnt we play him and Kamara as 2 holding defenders and then 3 attacking midfielders and 2 up top ? 

That leaves three outfield players (defenders), so can't see how this would work without wingbacks.

If we were to play 4-2-3-1 though, I'd much rather have Kamara and Luiz as the DMs.

Quite frankly it was a disgrace that he didn't start against Bournemouth in my view. Head & shoulders our most consistent defender in my book & also contributes with goals & sublime forward passes on occasion. How the heck he got overlooked is yet another reason I have given up on Gerrard.

On 07/08/2022 at 18:47, VillaChris said:

No idea given the respective performances over last six months how he's behind Konsa in the pecking order.

Konsa is a very good defender but he has been out injured. The only way he will get his form back is to play games. Its a bit of a catch 22 if we want Konsa back to his best yet don't want to give him the game time to get back to his best 

8 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Konsa is a very good defender but he has been out injured. The only way he will get his form back is to play games. Its a bit of a catch 22 if we want Konsa back to his best yet don't want to give him the game time to get back to his best 

Konsa was shit last season though. Nothing to do with his injury

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Konsa was shit last season though. Nothing to do with his injury

And judging by the Bournemouth game and 3 mins he played on Saturday where he lost two headers which almost led to a goal things aren’t exactly on the up for him form wise. 

• Like 1

It's obvious that Gerrard favours Konsa. Even though Chambers is the better defender. Look at the 1st game of the season he picked Konsa and he was awful! 

11 minutes ago, calcifer said:

It's obvious that Gerrard favours Konsa. Even though Chambers is the better defender. Look at the 1st game of the season he picked Konsa and he was awful! 

Chambers also wasnt coming on Saturday until Carlos got injured

Â