Calum Chambers

His Name Is Death

He’s really quite good isn’t he? Easy to under rate but he’s been great ever since he signed for us. Maybe he’ll hit peak form in his time at the club and be in genuine contention for a first team places.

CB pairing is so hard to call right now…

He has a lot of quality on the ball, that’s for sure.

• Like 1

On 27/01/2022 at 20:37, useless said:

He's got a good footballing brain, came through Southampton's academy when they were producing good players. The kind that is underrated by other fans, but fans ot the team that he plays for appreciate him. He's also made over one hundred appearances for Arsenal, a team who haven't finished outside of the top eight since the early nineties, and play in Europe most seasons, so basically a team who've been in his time there where we're trying to get to, he hasn't been a regular for them, but we're not buying him to be a regular for us either.

He was always a decent player, I said when we signed him that I rated him as being on a similar level to Targett in terms of ability.

Reminds me of the Alpay signing (who ? ) before he got all billy big bollocks. 

Quite a few on here were trying hard to show enthusiasm for an arsenal "reject". Has the attitude of a Des Bremner - graft away, head down, knows he ain't a superstar....a proper team man and I hope he gets plenty of game time this season. Solid.

6 hours ago, AV82 said:

He's fantastic but I think Gerrard prefers Konsa.

It's difficult to say. Chambers did really well when he first came in the side and was then taken out although it was said he was injured for the Arsenal home game. Konsa then had that stinker v Spurs yet stayed in for Leicester away. We kept a clean sheet but then Chambers came in for the next one v Norwich. We then played Chambers at DM v Burnley. Then Konsa came back and got injured v Palace.

Think Gerrard was just rotating the two depending on opposition in final few weeks but Chambers looked good v top and bottom of league last season.

Very tough call but I'd be surprised if Mings is left on the bench first day. 

There are players like this out there. Not deemed good enough for the so called big 6 but actually very good players that would improve our squad.  The problem is they don’t always come cheap so the fact we got him on a free is superb business.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

There are players like this out there. Not deemed good enough for the so called big 6 but actually very good players that would improve our squad.  The problem is they don’t always come cheap so the fact we got him on a free is superb business.

Yep the problem is though as Everton have found out time and time again if its a player just in it for the money or jsut not good enough like Alli, Delph or Iwobi then you will be stung

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Absolutely. But its hard to suggest them without being lambasted on here. Imagine saying half a year ago that Callum Chambers on a free would be good enough to play for our first team. Imagine not many people would agree with that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Absolutely. But its hard to suggest them without being lambasted on here. Imagine saying half a year ago that Callum Chambers on a free would be good enough to play for our first team. Imagine not many people would agree with that.

You only have to go back to the first few pages of this thread to see what kind of reaction you could expect.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Fully expected him to start yesterday, he must be starting the next game over konsa now Gerrard has tried his konsa experiment and failed miserably.

Passes the ball better, challenges better and more successful in the air than konsa.

Having faith in the back 5 allows the rest to concentrate more on their own game.

• Like 1

Â