Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

The tackle Doucouré  made on Chambers to get the second yellow, after his clumsy challenge on Kamara ( Doucouré smirked after it )  was arguably a straight red. 

Kamaras injury looked like a rolled ankle , could be 2 weeks if nothing is torn but if it is then a couple of months. 

We need to get stretchers on when players are injured, they shouldn't be walking off it can aggravate serious injuries. 

Edited by tinker
  • Like 3

I was disgusted to see the Palace players slapping hands with Doucoure when it was clear his filthy challenge had injured Kamara. They literally went over to him & gave him the "low fives" as soon as tthe sub came on & Kamara was being helped off. That clearly shows it was a deliberate injuring of an opponent. Little surprise he tried to do the same again shortly afterwards to Cash. That hand slapping though in a kind of " well done mate" gesture is disgraceful. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tinker said:

The tackle he made on chambers to get the second yellow was arguably a straight red. 

Looked like a rolled ankle , could be 2 weeks if nothing is torn but if it is then a couple of months. 

We need to get stretchers on when players are injured, they shouldn't be walking off it can aggravate serious injuries. 

What makes this worse is Docoure was getting a 2 game ban for his 10th yellow card of the season but only gets one now as he got a red today. I remember this happening to us with Delph, madness really. 

Edited by WHY

3 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

They did this for his last injury, and also Carlos'. All it means is it's serious and they're hoping it's not too bad.

They need to do more to people that injure players like that.  As mentioned before, the back slapping from his team mates for injuring our best player are f@#king despicable. Until the punishments match the crimes,  they'll keep happening.

Really hope he's not torn anything. Be bad enough missing him for the next two games,  any longer and we can kiss goodbye to our already remote chances of Europe and even top half. 

4 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

I was disgusted to see the Palace players slapping hands with Doucoure when it was clear his filthy challenge had injured Kamara. They literally went over to him & gave him the "low fives" as soon as tthe sub came on & Kamara was being helped off. That clearly shows it was a deliberate injuring of an opponent. Little surprise he tried to do the same again shortly afterwards to Cash. That hand slapping though in a kind of " well done mate" gesture is disgraceful. 

Bailey gave him a high five for some reason as he was walking towards the tunnel!

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Bailey gave him a high five for some reason as he was walking towards the tunnel!

I noticed this, too say I was fuming would be an understatement. 

39 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I know the talk is understandably injury dominated tonight but something i like about this guy I’ve noticed. He’s totally uninhabited or gripped with fear / nervousness playing at Villa Park. Many a player we’ve signed have found it to much at times. Marseille crowd too i can imagine are a demanding lot so he’s that behind him. He’s a top player. 

He has the mentality as well as the ability to go right to the very top.

I am just absolutely sick of our best players getting horrible long term injuries. 

Hopefully that's not the case here.

Edited by HKP90

13 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

I think you are reading far too much into that. I don’t  believe that they were trying to hurt anyone. Just disrupt the play.

12 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I think you are reading far too much into that. I don’t  believe that they were trying to hurt anyone. Just disrupt the play.

They got away with a lot of fouls that were bookings, they made countless tackles from behind that invariably lead to injuries. The referee should take some responsibility for refusing to book them earlier for it. If he does they stop making these tackles. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Enda said:

The ref was overly “generous” yesterday but I think a few are over-reacting a bit. It was a modest enough foul. A million miles from Ben Mee.

Maybe not a Ben Mee, but it was an awful challenge. Kamara wasn't in a position of threat, he went in both feet off the ground, from behind, and with zero intention of getting the ball. 

Edited by The Other Mat
Fixed it
  • Like 2

Massive hole in our midfield for the next few weeks, him & Dougie are the 2 midfielders that help us play out from the back, with only one left in the squad that can do this we may have to tweak how we play, as Dendonker or Chambers haven't the calmness or the ability to play like this be a car crash. Be interesting how wo cope without Kamara for the next few weeks as he is one of two world class players we have in our squad. Massive miss, but I'm sure Emery will be able to tweak the way we play for awhile 

Â