Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

16 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Bailey gave him a high five for some reason as he was walking towards the tunnel!

I mentioned this in the bailey thread. It was more a pat on back than high fove. But still pretty pathetic when he has injured your team mate 

1 hour ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

His left leg is in a boot. 

That's normal for any potential bad injury.

Let's just wait for a diagnosis. It looked like he's sprained his ankle. Over extension of his foot in that tackle 

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

Some of our own fans claiming it wasn't that bad too. Not sure what planet they live on. Filthy career threatening tackle, and we'll be lucky if he's not out for more than 2 months. 

Don't say scary things like this, I won't sleep tonight now 

24 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Some of our own fans claiming it wasn't that bad too. Not sure what planet they live on. Filthy career threatening tackle, and we'll be lucky if he's not out for more than 2 months. 

Exxactly, just before it I had been commenting to the guy next to me how I couldn't believe how they were getting away with their repeated lunges in from behind & the side. They were clearly on instruction to get dirty. The timing of the hand slaps between them said it all too, if it had been straight after the tackle then fine, that is a kind of "good tackle" acknowledgement. The fact this was actually done only after several minutes, when he was being carried off and the sub was coming on, clearly says the objective was to remove him from the game surely? That is very different. 

They had already clobbered us about 6 or 7 times prior to that & continued to do so afterwards too (as evidenced by the red card). 

I don't see that as me "over-reacting" personally but each to their own.

Edited by danceoftheshamen
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Exxactly, just before it I had been commenting to the guy next to me how I couldn't believe how they were getting away with there repeated lunges in from behind & the side. They were clearly on instruction to get dirty. The hand timing of the hand slaps between them said it all too, if it had been straight after the tackle then fine, that is a kind of "good tackle" acknowledgement. The fact this was actually done only after several minutes, when he was being carried off and the sub was coming on, clearly says the objective was to remove him from the game surely? That is very different. 

They had already clobbered us about 6 or 7 times prior to that & continued to do so afterwards too (as evidenced by the red card). 

I don't see that as me "over-reacting" personally but each to their own.

Bailey high 5 him as he walked past him after getting sent off as well, ffs.

Edited by WHY

20 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Don't say scary things like this, I won't sleep tonight now 

If it helps I always imagine the worst. I thought Watkins was going to be out for months and he came back after a week I think.

As bad as the tackle was (scissor tackle from behind, trapping the players foot and forcing the leg forward), it was at least fairly low velocity, so it could look worse than it is. I really hope that's the case,  even if I don't think it will be. 

Throw in our recent records with Carlos and Wesley that have somehow managed to be worse than I first expected and we've got some terrible form leading in too this.  Maybe about time it goes our way for a change.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, WHY said:

Fair chance that’s a seasons ender. Still idiots who have never played the game will claim it wasn’t that bad. 

Bailey’s never played the game then.

The problem with our team is when someone from our spine is injured then we see a large drop in quality.

If anyone out of Martinez, Mings, Kamara and Watkins are injured then I find it difficult to see us picking up points.

If kamara is out for the rest of the season and emery manages to get us around 50 points by the end of season then that will be one hell of an achievement.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Has anyone got a video of the tackle? Hard to tell from the photo.

The photo is pretty accurate:

• He's attempting a tackle from a dangerous position (behind)
  • He has left his feet to make the tackle
  • At the very best, he's about 20% chance to touch the ball...
  • ... but he's always going to get the man first - he's already taking the standing foot

What the photo doesn't show is:

• He never actually got a touch on the ball

6 hours ago, WHY said:

Fair chance that’s a seasons ender. Still idiots who have never played the game will claim it wasn’t that bad. 

Bit patronising that.  It was a very poor stupid challenge. But it wasn’t malicious or intentionally trying to injury the guy that some fans were making out.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Bit patronising that.  It was a very poor stupid challenge. But it wasn’t malicious or intentionally trying to injury the guy that some fans were making out.

You never know if a player wants to injure someone but it was very reckless. Signs are that Doucoure is a dirty player. The way he flew in on chambers especially after injuring Kamara was ridiculous. If he had got a stronger connection could have easily broken chamber's leg. That should have been a straight red imo.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

You never know if a player wants to injure someone but it was very reckless. Signs are that Doucoure is a dirty player. The way he flew in on chambers especially after injuring Kamara was ridiculous. If he had got a stronger connection could have easily broken chamber's leg. That should have been a straight red imo.

True but if you want to injure someone you got for leg, not around it. Agree it was very reckless. 

Â