Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Sounds promising

Sounds promising for Kamara, but I don't like the fact his natural replacement remains a doubt and will be assessed on the day :(

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

They've worded that like he'll be out for about 2 weeks. At least that's how I read it. 

Yep, definitely more positive than first thought. Just annoying that Dendoncker is injured when we need to call on him.

• Like 1

The phrasing does suggest it's a light injury, but at the same time they could mean he's putting weight on it when he was expected to still be bedridden, or some similar level of "still way off".

The press conference will hopefully confirm one way or the other but does sound promising 

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

The phrasing does suggest it's a light injury, but at the same time they could mean he's putting weight on it when he was expected to still be bedridden, or some similar level of "still way off".

The press conference will hopefully confirm one way or the other but does sound promising 

Emery in press conference definitely made it sound like weeks rather than months. Said something along the lines of "has progressed well this week, they've assessed him as no good for this weekend, if he continues to progress next week like he has this, they will assess again and he maybe has a chance", a follow up question asked then presumably its not long term, to which Emery replied something like "maybe two weeks feels like a long time for Kamara as he was playing well"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

Emery in press conference definitely made it sound like weeks rather than months. Said something along the lines of "has progressed well this week, they've assessed him as no good for this weekend, if he continues to progress next week like he has this, they will assess again and he maybe has a chance", a follow up question asked then presumably its not long term, to which Emery replied something like "maybe two weeks feels like a long time for Kamara as he was playing well"

Ahh great. I must have missed that it had happened already. Great to hear. 

55 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

lol...  Gregg Evans can't even get insider info on injuries correct.  What a joke the Athletic's coverage of the Villa is.  I subscribe for NBA coverage and my team's beat writer is incredible.  Travels to every single game home/away, breaks all kind of exclusive insider news, has fantastic player interviews/bio stories, and is always busy responding to fan tweets and comments on the Athletic platform.  It makes a huge difference when the writer is a passionate fan of the club they cover.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The fact he even mentioned he is not ready for Sunday sounds like it’s not to bad at all.

He even joked that ‘maybe 2 weeks is a long time for Kamara’, I imagine he will be back in the frame for the Chelsea game 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PieFacE said:

They've worded that like he'll be out for about 2 weeks. At least that's how I read it. 

Kamara being available after the international break would be a huge result for us. Won't be easy but should just about have enough to get 4 points without him in the next two games.

We beat Brentford and Man. United (he came on about 70 minutes IIRC) without him starting and those teams have hardly lost any league games in last four months.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Yeah I read it as almost an outside chance of playing next week. But would be confident of him being back for 1st April game.

• Like 1

Sounds promising then, fingers crossed. But all I've read anywhere is just "injury" or "ankle injury", no details. Hasn't there been any announcement as to what kind of ankle injury it is? I.e. Is it a sprain or a strain or what???

1 minute ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Interestingly I thought the midfield was excellent today, does he slot straight back in?

He absolutely does. McGinn to the right, Buendia pushed forwards and Bailey benched. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Who we dropping then? McGinn, Ramsey, Luiz?.. 

Mcginn. Welp that was easy. 

I mean if Ramsey didn't play well next game I'd switch Mcginn in tbh. 

Bouba still best player we probably have. 

Â