Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

57 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Just makes the decision to loan out Dendocker all the more baffling, unless we were so close to the FFP rules we had to get rid.

We have to find a way to get some kind of return on him, it was a silly signing in the first place (imo) but he really doesn’t fit into an Unai side, with his limitations. We need players with composure on the ball, proficiency in the pass and a bit of agility and speed/energy.. that’s just not Leander.

I guess the idea was for him to get more game time elsewhere and raise his value and exposure - that doesn’t seem to be working out… but we really need a buyer in the summer.

Tim can be better and more capable (too early to judge but it sounds like Unai is a fan)…. but we will have to see whether his integration is having to be rushed/forced… I was encouraged by his comments regarding how he and the coaching team have been working with and testing him… they must see a lot of potential there…

Unai has said he sees him in the Bouba role, as the only real alternative or “stopper” that we have in the squad… it’s time for him to demonstrate his ability and potential now. He has to step up if he wants a future here…

I take some hope from the experience we had with JJ… I wasn’t initially impressed when he first broke through and into the side but his development and progress was quite stunning… maybe even staggering…

Would be wonderful if we saw something similar with Tim… if he can step up to at least be Bouba’s deputy or cover… it would save us a lot of money and allow us to strengthen in other areas…

We will just have to see…

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Who could do an immediate job yes. Not some youth talents that went to PSG and Atletico

The lad that went to atleti walks into our team right now, output doesn’t get better than that.

14 minutes ago, paul514 said:

The lad that went to atleti walks into our team right now, output doesn’t get better than that.

The guy who has had 1 start in 10 games in for the 4th place La Liga team would walk into our team and save our midfield

He was dragged off in that start

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The guy who has had 1 start in 10 games in for the 4th place La Liga team would walk into our team and save our midfield

He was dragged off in that start

Yes, without question. He is starting in central midfield in front of Tim or Tielemans without question.

• 4 weeks later...

We miss this King so much. We are just not the same team without him. I would sign 2 centre midfielders in the summer. Physical players who can also play. We are massively lightweight in the centre of the park. I would happily offload Youri or Buendia if it means we can beef up the centre of the pitch, as we have plenty of options in the attacking midfield positions.

• Like 1

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

Yeah a huge miss.  Doug just has so much more workload and it's taken its toll.  

Doug needs to keep things simple again. 

17 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

We've been poor since this guy got injured. He's our best player so gonna have a big effect.

He's not our best player, but he's the only one playing a very important role/position and that has left a huge hole.

Not having any backup (other than Tim, who looks miles off it) was a huge mistake 

Just now, WooJung said:

He's not our best player, but he's the only one playing a very important role/position and that has left a huge hole.

Not having any backup (other than Tim, who looks miles off it) was a huge mistake 

In my opinion he's our best player.

57 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

In my opinion he's our best player.

I don't think he's our best player, but I do think he's been our most important because he's the only one that really does what he does. When he's on the pitch, SJM and Dougie have less to think about, the CBs have more cover, we have a bit more steel in the middle of the park. 

• Like 3

Need cover for him badly. Could do with finding someone on a free again or at least for s reasonable price. 

We can probably offload Tim to a Championship club for a few million to help cover wages but we definitely need cover as Kamara won't be back til late autumn it seems.

We need back up for him in any case as he will get other injuries and suspensions. We are so much better with him in the side.

Â