Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I never actually saw this. Really like and rate him but I always felt he was getting massively over hyped by our fans. He’s a very good player but as I’ve said before he’s at Villa rather than one of the champions league clubs for a reason. Obviously very glad about that but I do think our fans get carried away sometimes. 

They also go the other way very quickly and condemn a player to being s**t because he made a mistake once in a game.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Did you like him early on though? As I remember you vaguely saying he didn't really stand out, or words to that effect. He stands out in his own way, and I can almost guarantee that the majority of CL clubs would love to sign him.

I liked him I just thought he was getting overhyped by our fans and I still feel that way.  

That doesn’t mean I don’t rate him highly. 

People should have made peace with the fact we'd give away 5 or 6 stupid goals from playing out from the back while the team learns to do it. You can't simply just decide to do it and assume players are instantly very good at it in a league like the PL. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

People should have made peace with the fact we'd give away 5 or 6 stupid goals from playing out from the back while the team learns to do it. You can't simply just decide to do it and assume players are instantly very good at it in a league like the PL. 

Even when we've learnt to do it, it'll still happen.

See Rodri (think it was him) giving it away against Spurs which led to Kane scoring.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

See Rodri (think it was him) giving it away against Spurs which led to Kane scoring.

3rd time this season he's given the ball away directly leading to a goal. 

Wait for it, people in this thread will say "he's not CL quality" 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Imagine learning to drive you then stall then the instructor tells you should never drive again.

We got a false sense of how good we were at playing out from the back from the last few results. They masked what had been a few shaky moments that largely went unpunished. 

We had the opposite against Leicester where every shaky moment was punished. They more than doubled their xG total.

We're still learning the Emery system.  It will continue to get better, and a couple of Emery signings in the summer will fill the gaps of the players that just don't get it.

Kamara absolutely won't be one of the 2 or 3 that end up getting replaced. I don't think Luiz will either.

9 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I liked him I just thought he was getting overhyped by our fans and I still feel that way.  

That doesn’t mean I don’t rate him highly. 

I think similar, its an area weve been so poor in, i dont know if hes great or just so much better than we're used to. 

Regardless it will take him time, im really happy with his contribution so far and Im not too worried hes about to be snapped up by a top 4 team.

• Like 1

On 06/02/2023 at 21:34, Tom13 said:

220px-Douglas_Luiz_2021.jpg

21 hours ago, TomC said:

Dougie was outstanding against Leicester.

Think I might need to rephrase, what I mean is a different TYPE, one who could, in essence help them both out, when the going gets tough.

More of a brutish type, who is probably better than Dendonker.

Someone to play behind or in front of the double pivot in certain games.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Think I might need to rephrase, what I mean is a different TYPE, one who could, in essence help them both out, when the going gets tough.

More of a brutish type, who is probably better than Dendonker.

Someone to play behind or in front of the double pivot in certain games.

Not sure this is really a thing anymore is it?

I cannot think of a single successful side in Europe who has one of these. Arsenal have Partey who is sort of close, Man United have Casemiro who again is sort of close but is really more cultured. City have Rodrigo who is not at all what you describe and Liverpool had Fabinho who again was nothing like that. Is being tall mean you're brutish?

Who are we actually thinking could fit that bill and are we likely to play with this sort of player in all seriousness? Emery seems to place higher value on pressing, interceptions, being comfortable on the ball and reading the game than he does being a physical specimen. 

The Gattuso, Keane's and Vieira's of this world are extinct. If you are talking about a physical 6 that can break up play and is a good passer then you are just describing Kamara.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Not sure this is really a thing anymore is it?

I cannot think of a single successful side in Europe who has one of these. Arsenal have Partey who is sort of close, Man United have Casemiro who again is sort of close but is really more cultured. City have Rodrigo who is not at all what you describe and Liverpool had Fabinho who again was nothing like that. Is being tall mean you're brutish?

Who are we actually thinking could fit that bill and are we likely to play with this sort of player in all seriousness? Emery seems to place higher value on pressing, interceptions, being comfortable on the ball and reading the game than he does being a physical specimen. 

The Gattuso, Keane's and Vieira's of this world are extinct. If you are talking about a physical 6 that can break up play and is a good passer then you are just describing Kamara.  

Well let's say a Guendozi type to slot in ahead of them then?

Probably what JJ was kind of meant to be on the day but failed miserably hence was hooked early.

3 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Even when we've learnt to do it, it'll still happen.

I assume there is a statistical metric for how many on average is acceptable per season. They have the numbers as kicking long ball up field probably means you retain possession 60% of the time say and opposition would be more defensively set up. 

Like over a season that data matters. If we concede 10 goals from being turned over inside our area when playing out from the back but 15 goals from losing possession from long kick out and they score from that period of possession. If you're a coach you know what is better for you in the long run. 

The issue is to fans those 10 goals are more frustrating than the 15. 

Â