Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

18 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I have no faith in Dendoncker after Stevenage.

I know it was one game and a moment of madness but it was so bad.

That was one game man. One game. 

So goddam quick to write people off these days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Galway Lion said:

Exactly the same mistake was made by Luiz at Brighton and Kamara against Leicester. Why the hate for Dendonker ?

As you say we've had a few players making mistakes from playing out from the back. It's a big chance for Dendocker if he gets the chance to replace Kamara and it's his opportunity to show that he should be getting more regular time in the team.

Hopefully he makes the most of it and shows us why we purchased him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

As you say we've had a few players making mistakes from playing out from the back. It's a big chance for Dendocker if he gets the chance to replace Kamara and it's his opportunity to show that he should be getting more regular time in the team.

Hopefully he makes the most of it and shows us why we purchased him.

Yeah I think he'll see this as a perfect opportunity. He's clearly got talent so I'm cautiously optimistic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I actually think games v West Ham and Bournemouth are ideal games for him to come into as they'll be physical battles rather than passing contests so he should be fine 

West Ham and Bournemouth will try to make it a physical battle, but I doubt Emery’s going to drop his basic model just because the opponents want us to. Villa will try and make those games as much of a passing contest as possible, even with Dendoncker.

3 hours ago, AshVilla said:

I have no faith in Dendoncker after Stevenage.

I know it was one game and a moment of madness but it was so bad.

both kamara and luiz have made very similar mistakes.

• Like 1

A few have pointed out the fact Luiz and Kamara have made similar mistakes leading to goals, and whilst this is true, the factors that go alongside them need to be considered:

- they've both played substantially more minutes and as a result they've had much more opportunity to make those mistakes. 

- they made those mistakes against Premier league opposition, where you would imagine the level of opposition is somewhat better and more likely to pressure you into such a mistake.

- both Luiz and Kamara have done a lot of good this season, alongside those rare mistakes. Dendoncker hasn't really looked great at any point. 

+ having played less Dendoncker could be forgiven for being slightly rusty so has that in his favour. 

The other thought is its just confirmation bias creeping in.  I think Dendoncker is crap so when he makes a mistake I'm going to remember that and my opinion is complete. 

If Kamara is out for a minimum of 4 weeks, we'll get a few chances to see him and I am hopeful it is my confirmation bias, rather than him actually not being very good.  He is for sure a downgrade on Kamara, but then most of the PL is, so let's see what he can do given a run.

Edited by MrBlack

41 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

- both Luiz and Kamara have done a lot of good this season, alongside those rare mistakes. Dendoncker hasn't really looked great at any point. 

Thought he was pretty good in the league win against Man Poo.

• Like 1

We have 1 win in the 6 games he didn't appear in. Weirdly, that was a 4-0 battering of Brentford in week 12. That 6 week span was gameweek 8 thru 13. The other games were @Leeds 0-0, @Forest 1-1, v Chelsea 0-2, @Fulham 0-3, @Newcastle 0-4.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

We have 1 win in the 6 games he didn't appear in. Weirdly, that was a 4-0 battering of Brentford in week 12. That 6 week span was gameweek 8 thru 13. The other games were @Leeds 0-0, @Forest 1-1, v Chelsea 0-2, @Fulham 0-3, @Newcastle 0-4.

All under the fraud of a manager. I’d like to think Emery has a plan on hand!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

All under the fraud of a manager. I’d like to think Emery has a plan on hand!

The last 2 (which includes the win) were after Gerrard left. They were under Danks.

So under Gerrard it was 0 wins and 0.5 points per game without Kamara (gameweek 8 thru 11).
For balance, the first 7 games, which Kamara started and which were under Gerrard, had 2 wins and a draw which is 1ppg and 28.57 win%.

Either way, not good without him.

• Like 1

Â