Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

Should be a straight choice between DenDonker and Chambers. Probably a position that Dendonker has played more regularly than Chambers. That said Chambers has probably had more game time recently. Where is that man Marvelous when we need him!😃

Would be a shame if SJM was to drop back into a deeper role at a time when he seems to have refound his mojo.

Whoever get the start, the team will have had a full week to work on the lineup & shape. 🤞

If it's a sprain or a strain then hopefully it's just a mild one and one that will heal completely, i.e. permanently in no more than a month, fingers crossed! What a worrying time for him and for us. :s And what bad luck for him to have two injuries in the same season.

13 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Has to be chambers for me to replace Kamara alongside Dougie. It's a big loss but Chambers is much more mobile and I think him in front of the back 4 is a safer option than Dendoncker. 

This is a joke yes? 

13 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Has to be chambers for me to replace Kamara alongside Dougie. It's a big loss but Chambers is much more mobile and I think him in front of the back 4 is a safer option than Dendoncker. 

I don't think this is likely. We need Chambers on the bench to cover for the centre backs and - heaven forbid - another injury in midfield.

Dendoncker to start, for mine.

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Doucoure should be banned for the length of his injury

He really shouldn’t. We start doing that and it quickly eradicates all tackles from the game. We’d have to have no physical contact at all and the game would be ruined. 
It was a bad tackle, but for me wasn’t malicious. 

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

He really shouldn’t. We start doing that and it quickly irradiates all tackles from the game. We’d have to have no physical contact at all and the game would be ruined. 
It was a bad tackle, but for me wasn’t malicious. 

Like chemo for physical play? 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, robby b said:

If it's a sprain or a strain then hopefully it's just a mild one and one that will heal completely, i.e. permanently in no more than a month, fingers crossed! What a worrying time for him and for us. :s And what bad luck for him to have two injuries in the same season.

Or a coincidence?  Is it  a weak part of him?

That was an injury waiting to happen.

The referee was allowing too many heavy tackles. He should have used his yellow card earlier.

Game management for referees - is that an alien concept?

Edited by AntrimBlack
Bad grammar
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Game management for referees - is that an alien concept?

No it’s not an alien concept but it’s only used for occasions that are important, such as when the perceived “big teams”, need a helping hand. Late penalties for them, multiple goal checks when any of the chosen ones inconveniently concede. You get the general idea. 

3 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

I don't think this is likely. We need Chambers on the bench to cover for the centre backs and - heaven forbid - another injury in midfield.

Dendoncker to start, for mine.

Maybe not he did well when deputising for Kamara on Saturday. 

5 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

He really shouldn’t. We start doing that and it quickly eradicates all tackles from the game. We’d have to have no physical contact at all and the game would be ruined. 
It was a bad tackle, but for me wasn’t malicious

Dunno, what he did just a couple of minutes later would suggest he was setting out to hurt.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Or a coincidence?  Is it  a weak part of him?

But I think his first injury with us was his knee whereas on Saturday it looked like his ankle? 🤔 I don't know, I haven't managed to find much info about this new injury. 

17 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Dunno, what he did just a couple of minutes later would suggest he was setting out to hurt.

I think Viera had told his players at half time to stop us playing through the middle and if that meant fouling us then so be it. The sudden upping of fouls in the second half would seem to back this up.

I don't think Doucoure was purposely trying to injure Kamara, just stopping him in the way his manager has suggested.

It'll always be a danger to Kamara as he moves the ball around his feet so quickly that big cloggers like Doucoure will see the best way to stop him is to foul him

• Like 2

On 09/03/2023 at 08:06, picicata said:

I think Viera had told his players at half time to stop us playing through the middle and if that meant fouling us then so be it. The sudden upping of fouls in the second half would seem to back this up.

I don't think Doucoure was purposely trying to injure Kamara, just stopping him in the way his manager has suggested.

It'll always be a danger to Kamara as he moves the ball around his feet so quickly that big cloggers like Doucoure will see the best way to stop him is to foul him

His tackle on Kamara was clumsy, his tackle on Chambers was horrendous,  he should have had a straight red for it and in light of him only now serving a 1 match ban because of the red I think it was planned. 

Â