Luis Suarez

Delphinho123

5 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

No idea how he has played in game, haven't seen any. But here are his stats from Wikipedia for discussion.

image.png.d7760e00c971b905543f98630c84135b.png

tldr: he averages ~ 1 goal every two games in one of Europe's top leagues. Astonishing.

It's better than that since Suarez rarely plays the full 90. Over the past 2 seasons, his record with Atleti is 1 goal every 1.4 full games. Or a goal every 130 minutes.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

This would be even more mental than Coutinho

Nah. I think any number of PL clubs could get Suarez (Newcastle, Everton, West Ham, the like). With Coutinho it’s utterly stunning he joined Villa. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Nah. I think any number of PL clubs could get Suarez (Newcastle, Everton, West Ham, the like). With Coutinho it’s utterly stunning he joined Villa. 

I don't think so Spoon. So far he's gone from Ajax, Liverplop, Farcelona, Atletico - then to West Ham or the BarCodes? I just don't see it.

If he wants to wind down his career surely the Middle East or even MLS. Easy money with no pressure and it's tax free in Saudi Arabia.

The reason we have a shot as a mid-table PL club is because 2 of his mates are here. 

• Like 1

He’s out of contract in the summer and looking over the Bosman contract offers he’s received. 

It sounds like it’s mostly just offers from South America or the Middle East so an offer from a Premier League club would be attractive. 

I don’t really understand why we would sign a 35 year old striker on big wages in the summer though. We must be planning to move on one of Ings/Watkins in that window  if true. 

This singing could be as much about the commercial side of things along with raising the profile of the club as it is Luis Suarez’s ability to score goals at 35.

I don’t think the club are going to sign Suarez and think he’s going to dramatically improve us. Improve us slightly he might, but at 35, they’ll be aware it won’t just result in us winning the league all of a sudden. 

It’s about the profile of the club. With Coutinho and Suarez here, the youngsters are going to be absolutely buzzing to play with them and learn from them. Not only that, but imagine the extra pull it will give us with other players we’re targeting. The likes of Bissouma, Pau Torres (just using links we’ve seen recently) might join when they otherwise wouldn’t. 

Im all for this. Honestly, as long as the club aren’t expecting 2015 Luis Suarez and are pragmatic about his age/ability, it could be a fantastic move for Aston Villa. Just look at the shockwaves it’s caused on social media and probably your whatsapp. I’ve got Liverpool fans texting me saying they’re a little jealous! This is all part and parcel of signing big names. It puts us back on the map and people are talking about us

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Five Ken McNaughts said:

My initial gut instinct is that I don’t like it. Then I think about it carefully, and like it even less. Each to their own, but this signing wouldn’t make me happy.

The difference between Suarez and Coutinho is that I don't like Suarez's character as much (the biting incidents, racial abuses etc). And of course, Suarez is much older.

Edited by hong0311
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I don't think so Spoon. So far he's gone from Ajax, Liverplop, Farcelona, Atletico - then to West Ham or the BarCodes? I just don't see it.

If he wants to wind down his career surely the Middle East or even MLS. Easy money with no pressure and it's tax free in Saudi Arabia.

The reason we have a shot as a mid-table PL club is because 2 of his mates are here. 

I guess so. I suppose it is a bit reassuring that if he moves here it’s not just for a pay day as he’d easily get a biiiig one in the counties you mention. 

• Like 1

I think every time Gerrard sees one of our strikers shoot like a school boy would he gets more and more frustrated. That shot from Watkins in the first half was so weak it was hardly believable.  On a comparatively low wage like Ashley Young i would not be adverse to Suarez coming in for a season. 

Winning mentality , set the standards at the dinner table.

And has a great goal per minutes ratio even now.  This would be a very different signing to Phil though. There is 6 years difference in age. If we use that and look the other way then the equivalent is Keinan Davis who is 6 years younger.  

• Like 2

This most probably isn't happening, or at least apparently not this window, the journalist said it about the summer which is when Suárez's contract with Atlético ends.

It's a completely different situation to Coutinho, Barcelona were happy to let him go.

Suárez has played in all but one of Atlético's twenty games this season, he's their joint top goal scorer, they're aiming for top four.

I very much doubt they want to let him go or that he wants to leave until the summer.

Even if they was to let him go ths window they would probably want a relatively big fee for him despite him having just six months left on his contract.

I'd really start to question the club and Gerrard if this is a credibe link.

Anyone who's actually watched him and not just looked at stats would see this would be an incredible waste of wages.

He can't run he can't move. He's so stiff and immobile.

Just don't do it 

• Like 1

Does he have the hunger? He would add some bite to the team. Bet he can't wait to get his teeth back into the premier league. He will be chomping at the bit.... All covered? 😂