Luis Suarez

Delphinho123

6 minutes ago, calcifer said:

Does he have the hunger? He would add some bite to the team. Bet he can't wait to get his teeth back into the premier league. He will be chomping at the bit.... All covered? 😂

Yeah about 9 pages ago 😉

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Cant see this one we are struggling to accommodate ings and watkins in same team so where does suarez fit in?

He won’t come until one of them goes, and I think it’s Watkins. It would be a smart move. We’ll get a huge amount for Watkins now. Replace with Suarez (while Ings is around). Take our tike findingvthe proper replacement as strikers are hard to find.

Luis Suarez? I’m not a fan, I really don’t want him playing for Villa. It just stinks of an over the hill player looking for one last pay day, a bit like Pires but with a much worse record of being a word removed. 

And if the plan is to sell Watkins and replace him with jaws, then I’d be even more pissed off with that. 

25 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

He won’t come until one of them goes, and I think it’s Watkins. It would be a smart move. We’ll get a huge amount for Watkins now. Replace with Suarez (while Ings is around). Take our tike findingvthe proper replacement as strikers are hard to find.

So why would we sell a very good striker when the replacements are so hard to find? Seems a lot of people have already written Watkins off. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

No, just no. Too old and goes against our policy of buying younger talent with a higher future sell on value.

Ashley Young, Ings, Digne, Coutinho.

Think that policy is pretty much dead anyway.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JayVTID said:

I don't think age is much of a factor these days, some of the best players in the world are over 30 and can still do incredible things and would still walk into most PL sides.

Yeah, but there’s “over 30” and there’s 35. If he was 31 or 32 I’d have no hesitation but when they’d be 37 at the end of an 18 month contract it all starts to sound a bit ridiculous.

My other concern is that Ronaldo apparently also has good stats despite his age, but he makes United worse overall when he plays due to his performance levels.

1 hour ago, useless said:

This most probably isn't happening, or at least apparently not this window, the journalist said it about the summer which is when Suárez's contract with Atlético ends.

It's a completely different situation to Coutinho, Barcelona were happy to let him go.

Suárez has played in all but one of Atlético's twenty games this season, he's their joint top goal scorer, they're aiming for top four.

I very much doubt they want to let him go or that he wants to leave until the summer.

Even if they was to let him go ths window they would probably want a relatively big fee for him despite him having just six months left on his contract.

Why are people ignoring this post that seemingly renders all talk of this signing obsolete. I think this link will be played down today by one of the more reliable journalists, or Gerrard himself will dismiss it in his press conferece for the Everton game.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

No thank you.

(Almost) 35 years old, overweight and despicable.

Yeah he's 35 this month. So he'll be 35/36 here.If he could make an impact it would be for 6 months or 12 months but at what cost. Watkins out of the team. Paying Ings to do nothing? 

We all know this is just a nonsense link. Coutinho is 29yo and clearly has years of football left at the top level. Has come on Loan initially too. It's a lazy link and probably to try drum up interest in someone from the top 5 leagues moving for Suarez. 

8 hours ago, Panto_Villan said:

I don’t think this will happen, and I don’t think it would be a good idea. Great player, but he’s too old. He’d be a stopgap at best.

I've been thinking about this. 

What we're doing is really how Chelsea and Manc Citeh started.  Get some ageing big names in which makes it easier to attract younger top quality players who are attracted to play with those names. 

He may well be just a stopgap to help us fill a short term need (we're struggling to hit the back of the net) and to enhance the club profile. 

Maybe we would have got JWP in the summer if he could play under Gerrard and alongside Suarez and Coutinho. Maybe we will get our next younger target because of that, who we otherwise wouldn't under Smith and alongside Watkins and Luiz. 

As others have said there are some older strikers doing the business in the PL currently.  And if this LA Villains thing does come to be we can presumably offset some costs down the line. 

I'm not keen but it probably makes more sense than it first appears. 

• Like 2

In addition to that he is not better than Watkins anymore, he will go in 12-18 months and we would need to buy and integrate again new player in the team. We need to have longer term strategy of building the team, buy the best upcoming players that fit our system rather than 30+ aged players with different views on how the game should be played and massive egos. 

It it is just to build avfc brand, and he plays 15 minutes here and there, then ok.