Luis Suarez

Delphinho123

Apparently there's been a misunderstanding, it's he that wants to join us and is interested in doing so in the summer when his current deal is up. We're not interested in the goal scoring ace, and won't be signing him it seems, at least not this window.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

So I’m not that aware of the racism incident, and vaguely recall the (two?) biting incident.  

can someone summarise what happened at the time?

Suarez called Patrice Evra the N-Word, got an 8 match ban for it after video evidence was reviewed by the Premier League.  Suarez continues to deny it, victimizes himself, and Liverpool players wore shirts supporting Suarez after he was given the suspension.  His first game back playing against Man United, Suarez refuses to shake Evra's hand and continues to make himself out to be the victim.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, useless said:

Apparently there's been a misunderstanding, it's he that wants to join us and is interested in doing so in the summer when his current deal is up. We're not interested in the goal scoring ace, and won't be signing him it seems, at least not this window.

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Suarez called Patrice Evra the N-Word, got an 8 match ban for it after video evidence was reviewed by the Premier League.  Suarez continues to deny it, victimizes himself, and Liverpool players wore shirts supporting Suarez after he was given the suspension.  His first game back playing against Man United, Suarez refuses to shake Evra's hand and continues to make himself out to be the victim.  

Not quite... 

Suarez said something to him in Spanish with reference to his skin colour, black in Spanish is negro, Suarez claimed that he wasn't racist it was just the English misunderstanding language and culture the English hit back with he shouldn't make reference to his skin colour regardless, he got fined and a ban, Liverpool embarrassed themselves and for a long time Suarez refused to apologise claiming he'd done nothing wrong (but I'm sure he since has) 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

But, it might mean we lose the very best prospects if they don't fancy sitting round on the bench more often than not, their path blocked by fading superstars of a previous era on mega wages.

If the prospects are good enough and determined enough they will find away and be inspired by top players around them. If they’re not good enough or determined enough they’re not top prospects anyway. Just a handful of prospects make it, it’s as much about attitude as it is ability. Gerrard will know all about that.

We just lost a top prospect because we didn’t have the players around him to move forward. Dean said, when Joe left,  we were 18 months away from being good enough to keep him, nobody is waiting for us to get our shit together, this shit is just getting real. Suarez then Bissouma and watch the f£Chers sit up and take note when NSWE come to the negotiating table in the future. It’s what billionaires do when they get fed up of waiting outside in the cold.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not quite... 

Suarez said something to him in Spanish with reference to his skin colour, black in Spanish is negro, Suarez claimed that he wasn't racist it was just the English misunderstanding language and culture the English hit back with he shouldn't make reference to his skin colour regardless, he got fined and a ban, Liverpool embarrassed themselves and for a long time Suarez refused to apologise claiming he'd done nothing wrong (but I'm sure he since has) 

The Spanish version of the N-Word isn't far away from Negro...  His whole story sounded like a kid getting caught for doing something stupid, but never taking responsibility for it.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

The Spanish version of the N-Word isn't far away from Negro...  His whole story sounded like a kid getting caught for doing something stupid, but never taking responsibility for it.  

Didn’t Cavani do something similar? I remember something about they said it means something different in Uruguay and nobody agreed with that or something.  Faint recollection of the two incidents.

• Like 1

I agree with @KMitch 's interpretation fwiw. He abused a player in the heat of the game and got caught. I think a lot of his surprise was Suárez was unaware of the history of deep racism in English football and why we take it so seriously. 

At the risk of pushing my luck here are his recent stats again for the new page. He is no busted flush on the field that's for sure.

image.png.bbc46b6e2d19981767018067d8b5d43a.png

• Like 1

I'm sure this tweet is posted somewhere in the thread but I didn't want to find it to quote so here

According to a Barca fan I know he's the most reliable reporter for Barca and is also very close with Suarez which is the key part really. 

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

I'm sure it's posted somewhere in the thread but I didn't want to find it to quote so here

According to a Barca fan I know he's the most reliable reporter for Barca and is also very close with Suarez which is the key part really. 

He's got scooby doo on his hat

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Awol said:

I trust the management and the owners to get it right. With the new franchise in the US, the tie up with African academies and doubtless other plans we don’t yet know about, they need the ‘product’ on the pitch at VP to be the crown jewel of the whole enterprise.

As fans we’re all very much along for the ride at this point. 

The bit about the Vegas Villans is the interesting part.  Sign for 18 months for us then be the figurehead of their new MLS team.

• Like 2