Luis Suarez

Delphinho123

23 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

I don’t think this will happen, and I don’t think it would be a good idea. Great player, but he’s too old. He’d be a stopgap at best.

I don't think age is much of a factor these days, some of the best players in the world are over 30 and can still do incredible things and would still walk into most PL sides.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I take my girlfriend out for one night ONE NIGHT during the transfer window and we are credibly linked to Luis Suarez?! 

My missus is going to fcking hate the summer this year as we're doing Jack shit.

Just curious, but is that the same person?

• Haha 3

For those those worried about FFP.

Why should we? It's a load of horse shyte that just protects top teams. All those other teams spend like crazy and then the rules just get bent. I hope NSWE pile money into the Villa playing squad and stick 2 fingers up at FIFA, UEFA and the PL

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I take my girlfriend out for one night ONE NIGHT during the transfer window and we are credibly linked to Luis Suarez?! 

My missus is going to fcking hate the summer this year as we're doing Jack shit.

He's gone, let it go!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The more I think about it, the more I hate it. See Schmeichel, Lescott, Pires, Richards, et al. It’s of that ilk. Coutinho is a massive exception as he has a point to prove, he’s clearly eager and is still only 29. Suarez has **** all to play for. He will play 10 games, score 1 or none, be benched, run down his contract then it’ll be like it never happened. 

I'd absolutely love to see it happen, Gerrard said they need world class players in the squad so the younger lads have someone to learn from. Watkins and Ings are great lads to look up to but Suarez is someone these lads will be in awe of

15 minutes ago, Spoony said:

The more I think about it, the more I hate it. See Schmeichel, Lescott, Pires, Richards, et al. It’s of that ilk. Coutinho is a massive exception as he has a point to prove, he’s clearly eager and is still only 29. Suarez has **** all to play for. He will play 10 games, score 1 or none, be benched, run down his contract then it’ll be like it never happened. 

I don’t think he will tbh, he clearly loves the game, 9 goals in 19 this season so he’ll once again by the end of the season be well into double figures. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I don’t think he will tbh, he clearly loves the game, 9 goals in 19 this season so he’ll once again by the end of the season be well into double figures. 

And at Atletico. Which is renown for demanding ultra high punishing fitness levels. 

3 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I don’t doubt his ability—he is world class and that gets overused.

Just can’t understand it from a strategical point of view.

Our strikers aren't exactly on form right now. Gerrard seems to be pretty ruthless, if you're not performing he'll bring in someone new to replace you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

He's still seemingly doing the business, that's the difference. 

• Like 1

He can contribute on the pitch but more importantly he’ll be there to guide the younger players re becoming elite players and a bloody good coach for Watkins and the other forwards re how to score and add a more professional/harder element to our gain. 

Basically he’s the new forward iteration of John terry.

The added benefit is that he’s also very good friends with Coutinho and clearly has Gerrard’s trust.

The more I think about it the more I like it.

• Like 2

I think he will be a great signing , and will bring more confidence to the team , like Coutinho. 
You can feel the confidence in the team when Coutinho came on on Sat , and I m sure no way in the past would we have recovered from 0-2 against a top team without such a player of  his caliber and winning mentality driving us on .