Luis Suarez

Delphinho123

This reminds me of all the abuse Gerrard got on here when we were first linked and even after he joined.

Will be same with Suarez once he pops in a few goals infront of the Holte.

His all round game declined a bit but his goals were really crucial to Atletico winning the title last season.

I think he'd be a brilliant plan B option off the bench next season and guy is certainly a winner which will help the mentality particularly in young players coming through which I think Gerrard has identified.

We start next season with Coutinho and Suarez in our squad and we can aim for 6th at least imo.

48 minutes ago, Tayls said:

You guys are acting like he went round doing it all the time. It only happened twice. Why wouldn’t a star footballer bite a fellow player in order to get an advantage for his team? 

It was more than twice

2 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

The bit about the Vegas Villans is the interesting part.  Sign for 18 months for us then be the figurehead of their new MLS team.

Could be. Like @DaveAV1 said above, I reckon the owners want to accelerate the  progression and this Suarez link might be part of setting up a big push for top 6 next year. 

It’s like NSWE is the owner we thought we were getting when Lerner took over, but unlike him NSWE is in it to win it. It bodes well, imo.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I wonder what the odds are on Carney joining Liverpool ready for when Gerrard takes over from Klopp.  Just seems like we are becoming Purslow's personal Liverpool fanboy project.

I think your being over dramatic here. I think there is a big push from above Purslow from the real governors of the club. With the stadium development impending, the Vegas project and potentially other links I think they are just flexing and escalating plans. Our plans.

52 minutes ago, KMitch said:

It's simple...  In order to compete with the "bigger" teams, we need to generate more revenue, which means more fans worldwide.  People have to want to watch us...  Players like Coutinho and Suarez will do this.  They're helping accelerate our profile in the football world and will attract better players to the club, along with Gerrard.  

Media attention sure, but not convinced this brings us more international fans. Not many watch MLS. Most people will likely prefer the contemporary Liverpool to a nostalgic remake.

6 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

The bit about the Vegas Villans is the interesting part.  Sign for 18 months for us then be the figurehead of their new MLS team.

You mean we have a plan? That shows zero respect for the great AVFC tradition of stumbling cluelessly from one cock up to the next. There’s much to much of this sort of thing going on these days. We’re being left behind in the bumbling, nice but dim stakes by the likes of Everton and even Spurs, although Spurs are struggling with the nice bit. NSEW out!

• Like 2