Luis Suarez

Delphinho123

15 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Bringing in a top quality striker for a short period while the younger players have a bit more time to develop, sounds exactly like the process to me.  Additionally improving the profile of the club and having a guaranteed goalscorer.  Sounds perfect.

Do we give him a shock collar so they can learn from him as a footballer, but once he starts impacting them by displaying despicable behaviour we can gently zap him back to compliance?

16 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Bringing in a top quality striker for a short period while the younger players have a bit more time to develop, sounds exactly like the process to me.  Additionally improving the profile of the club and having a guaranteed goalscorer.  Sounds perfect.

To me it sounds like attaining short term success to put on a manager’s CV.

Just now, Sam-AVFC said:

Do we give him a shock collar so they can learn from him as a footballer, but once he starts impacting them by displaying despicable behaviour we can gently zap him back to compliance?

Haha. The cone of shame.

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

You haven’t been happy with any transfer thread this month so far have you? What’s going on?

Well the club have completely thrown away the long term planning for short term planning though the 2 signings I will accept 

Not this racist piece of shit

23 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

If this does actually happen, it is basically ripping up two years worth of transfer policies to get a player in. Not sure what is going on unless this is utter BS. It will be going from trust the process to what process.

Why is it different to signing Ashley Young or Pepe Reina?

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

To me it sounds like attaining short term success to put on a manager’s CV.

This is it, its Purslow doing his mate a solid favour which will damage us long term. 

No chance we  be allowed in Europe with FFP 

1 hour ago, Five Ken McNaughts said:

The Liverpool team’s decision to all wear pre-match t-shirts in defence of Suarez while the case was ongoing remains one of the most misguided and ignorant decisions of the modern football era, and should be a source of extreme embarrassment for that club.

Wonder if they will knock down Anfield?

6 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Isn't this just a case of Suarez's camp saying they'd be interested in joining Villa after his contract is up, rather than Villa actively pursuing him?

IT is exactly that. That's what is even being reported. 

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

This is it, its Purslow doing his mate a solid favour which will damage us long term. 

No chance we  be allowed in Europe with FFP 

Do you seriously believe this?

If we suffer financially long term due to our signings then Purslow’s reputation will be ruined. Does he seem the kind of guy that would risk that just to do ‘his mate a solid’? 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont think our club captain would be too happy to have him on board and I think it would be a disgusting move regardless of his ability 

Perhaps you should let people speak for themselves before assuming you know how they would feel about something.

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Do you seriously believe this?

If we suffer financially long term due to our signings then Purslow’s reputation will be ruined. Does he seem the kind of guy that would risk that just to do ‘his mate a solid’? 

I didn't believe he would but since Gerrard came in everything has changed and stories about his time at Liverpool that he was in awe of his presence

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Perhaps you should let people speak for themselves before assuming you know how they would feel about something.

Sorry I will message Tyrone and ask him to sign up on here to give his opinions 🙄

• Confused 1

Just now, Zatman said:

Sorry I will message Tyrone and ask him to sign up on here to give his opinions 🙄

You’re being sarcastic, but you are implying what Mings’ opinion would be. No you can’t get his opinion yourself, but maybe don’t make any assumptions if that’s the case? 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Isn't this just a case of Suarez's camp saying they'd be interested in joining Villa after his contract is up, rather than Villa actively pursuing him?

I don't think they would have mentioned us unprompted. It sounds like we have inquired for ourselves.

• Like 1