Lucas Digne

villan-scott

Anyone thinking Aaron Hickey is currently a better player tha Digne is surely way out. 

I appreciate we've been stung signing older players in the past, but 28 isn't old.

I also wonder whether some of this is about not blocking the paths of some of this crop of academy products. 

In any case, this definitely improves the first team.

If we can sort DM this window too than Europe is definitely possible this season. 

• Like 2

We’re buying players in their prime. We want and need improvement quickly. Gerrard clearly means business and clearly being given the money he needs. Exciting to see who he’s bringing in as a defensive midfielder.

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

True, plus Southampton getting taken over.

I did say we might speed up some of our plans due to Newcastle getting taken over by the Saudis. Have to utilise any sort of head start we can get.

Exactly , City early days killed most rivals, weakened us and Arsenal and plenty across the league. What we are doing is not quite the same but there are similarities. 

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I was feeling massively dehydrated earlier after a pretty sizeable night on the piss last night. 

Then I went onto the Toffees forum and it more than quenched my thirst with those plentiful tears. Delightful. 

Please link 🤣🤣

12 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

I suppose there is no thought to extending ash Youngs contract beyond this year so will be needing to replace the lb backup option

Reckon Young will be here next season but in more of a player / coach role.

Just now, PieFacE said:

Yeah a lot of Everton fans are not happy about this. 

My mate massive Everton fan, was annoyed at Rafa not playing their best left back  when I was talking to him before Christmas, but now Lucas Dinge is sh*t 🤣.

Couple of bits from Everton forum.....

"Digne scored 10 goals last season" (haven't checked it)

"Has any manager that managed him, ever, got into a situation like this or called him out for unprofessional behaviour? During his time at Everton he’s been made vice captain and attitude has been nothing but lauded as an example to follow. There hasn’t even been so much of a hint of attitude or unprofessional behaviour.

The Echo columnists aren’t exactly quick to criticise an Everton manager - even the Royal Blue podcast were scratching their head about it and questioning Benitez’ approach. All they’ve ever heard coming out of the club is that Digne is a well liked and extremely professional.

On the other hand we’ve got a manager who has a long history of fall outs and various ex players saying his interpersonal skills are poor (to say the least).

You might ask yourself why Digne refused to play for Benitez. I’d say it must have been pretty extreme for him to react the way he has".

He’s going, we’ll move on, shame it had to end like this but let’s not rewrite history and say he’s a bad professional because he’s not.

• Like 1

Â