Lucas Digne

villan-scott

As it’s Sunday afternoon and a little slow without us playing until tomorrow thought I’d start this one up as speculation seems to be growing we hold an interest with a bid imminent. 

Always liked him from afar, and seems a good attacking full back, as for his defensively qualities, I can’t comment. 

• Like 2

This would be a great move for both parties, I don't see him being a first team choice at Chelsea and Newcastle is too much of a gamble for him. We have the strikers to bury his crosses and can pay similar wages to Newcastle whilst offering him first team football. Would also be good if we give Guilbert some time in pre season to have another french speaker around, someone who is also a fullback and who he might be able to work with in the same team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

This would be a great move for both parties, I don't see him being a first team choice at Chelsea and Newcastle is too much of a gamble for him. We have the strikers to bury his crosses and can pay similar wages to Newcastle whilst offering him first team football. Would also be good if we give Guilbert some time in pre season to have another french speaker around, someone who is also a fullback and who he might be able to work with in the same team.

Sanson may help with French also. Must be good at Brummie-French translations by now!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

If West Ham want him and are willing to pay, he’ll go there I would imagine.

I agree. I did read he wants London too, so if they’re serious about him I guess they’ll be first choice. However they have Cresswell and Masuaku already, so may not be much in that link. 

Prefer Hickey but can't turn our nose up at Digne. Would be a good signing. Not the one I want to make but it would be an impressive signing and another that would make people take notice, PR seems to be the order of the day, it's a position of need, he's a good player and an upgrade on Targett...cant complain if it happens.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

He's on more money at Everton than we would offer him. 128k is way too much to pay him. Ings is in 120k and Coutinho 150k. 

If we got Digne, I hope we still go for Hickey in Summer and sell Targett. Digne, Hickey, Cash, Kessler-Hayden, that's a nice set of full backs.

5 minutes ago, WHY said:

He’s been bang average for 18 months now, would steer well clear of him. 

I’m not thrilled by him either. He’s never stood out whenever I’ve watched him. Think he will be expensive for only a small upgrade on what we have.

• Like 2

Never really liked him when we've played Everton but that's probably because he is a bit of a rat, gets the oppositions faces and in the refs ear, rather than how good he has been. We probably need a player like that on the field, he's the opposite of Targett who is so passive. 

I don't think he has been performing too well but that wouldn't put me off as that is in part down to Everton as a whole rather than him individually. I do think he has good attributes and would probably be better than Targett. Not my first choice, but would be an improvement, but enough for the cost? Who knows? 

• Like 1

Really good analysis with stats of Digne compared to Targett and the other main links, Hickey and Tagliafico. BLUF: Tagliafico the best option for instant impact, Digne not much of an upgrade on Targett - if any upgrade at all. 

25 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He's on more money at Everton than we would offer him. 128k is way too much to pay him. Ings is in 120k and Coutinho 150k. 

If we got Digne, I hope we still go for Hickey in Summer and sell Targett. Digne, Hickey, Cash, Kessler-Hayden, that's a nice set of full backs.

I think we would be competitive with pay, especially if chelsea and hammers are interested, let alone newcastle. the owenrs won't mind paying that or more for that calibre of player as they know that they need to start paying these types of salaries to get the better/proven players.

Â