Lucas Digne

villan-scott

2 hours ago, AVTuco said:

If Lucas goes we need to bring in a new LB,, who is better than Moreno. Moreno is not good enough to be our first choice LB. That signing will be costly, and I wouldn't do it. We would also lose a model professional and leader and example to our younger players. Moreno is either the "younger" understudy or he needs to be sold and a young player brought in (makes no sense to me). 

Also, Unai can use them both to nullify players like Saka in close games.

I think he's just not found form this season due to injuries etc. He was a marked improvement in Digne last season. 

• Like 1

On 17/04/2024 at 14:00, Kbdrum88 said:

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/KTTAzxNStWwaPkyg/

After watching this, this was the transcript of the argument and fight that ensued in the changing room.

Lucas Digne:
Like the frightened baby chipmunk, you are scared by anything that is different. I will let you go, Ollie. But first, I want you to say..."I... love... crepes."

John McGinn.:
Don't you say it, Ollie mate. These colors don't run.

Ollie Watkins:
I'm not gonna say it.

John McGinn.:
Good.

Ollie Watkins:
Hey, look, Frenchy, I thought about it. So why don't you go ahead and break my arm?

Lucas Digne:
I do not want to break your arm, Monsieur Watkins, but I am a man of my word.

Ollie Watkins:
Here's the deal. He's not gonna break it because I'm gonna slip out of it right now. Grealish!! [He makes a futile attempt to rescue his arm]

Lucas Digne:
Whoa! Get down, you little pancake.

Ollie Watkins:
Someone might as well get me a Lucazade while I'm down here.

Lucas Digne:
But you have forced me to do this. You are now mocking me and making me look ridiculous. Just say, "I love crepes."

John McGinn.:
You know mate, just to put this in there...I had a whole mess of crepes this mornin'. They're just like pancakes, maybe even better.

Ollie Watkins:
Wait, are they the really thin pancakes?

John McGinn.:
Yeah.

Lucas Digne:
Yes they are. They are the really thin pancakes. It's just a French word for them.

Ollie Watkins:
Oh, my god, I love those!

John McGinn.:
Put all the kinds of syrup you want on them. I'm just sayin', think about it.

Ollie Watkins:
They come with cheese sometimes?

Lucas Digne:
Yes, of course, a fromage-crepe.

Ollie Watkins:
Well, why didn't someone yell that right--right away?

Lucas Digne:
Do you know what's in the crepe suzette?

Ollie Watkins:
Oh, I love the crepe suzette.

Lucas Digne:
With the sugar and lemon juice...

Ollie Watkins:
Yeah, the sugar and the lemon juice. Sure.

Lucas Digne:
Grand Marnier.

Ollie Watkins:
I wow - I wish I could crawl into one of those right now. I'd eat my way out from the inside!

Lucas Digne:
They are tasty.

Jacob Ramsey:
Either way this goes down, can we go get some after we're done?

Ollie Watkins:
Absolutely, we're gonna do it.

Jean Girard:
Bon. So, what if you just said: "I love really thin pancakes"? That is a fair compromise, no?

Jacob Ramsey:
That is a fair compromise.

Ezri Konsa:
Very fair, actually.

Ollie Watkins:
No! Because then everyone would know I really meant crêpes!

Jacob Ramsey:
That's actually a pretty good compromise right there.

Lucas Digne:
Why do you want me to break your arm so badly?

Ollie Watkins:
You don't understand. You don't understand because you don't understand British morals. You don't understand History. So you put a crack in my arm like the crack in Big Ben! You hear me?

John McGinn.:
[leans down to talk to Ollie in a low voice] Hey. This is just between you and me, okay? I mean, forget all these other guys. But...he did give you a pretty decent out. But it's your call.

Ollie Watkins:
[whispering] What do you think?

John McGinn.:
Don't say it.

Ollie Watkins:
Yeah. I'm not gonna say it. Nope. Break it, Pepé Le Pew!

Lucas Digne:
As you wish.
[He breaks ollies arm]

Ollie Watkins:
He actually did it!

Jacob Ramsey:
Back off!

Ollie Watkins:
I didn't say it!

John McGinn.:
No, you did not!

Lucas Digne:

Your injury is one of ignorance and pride! Au revoir!

Shake and bake

15 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am not telling you how to be a fan, and what to be interested in, its ok, if you like that sort of thing.

I trust the club, to manage its affairs.....and don't like drifting in to area's. I feel, don't concern me.....as the saying goes " curiosity killed the cat"

I accept the well being of the club, does impact on us, but it's not in our control.....I trust the management and the owners, to get those things under control.

I really only concentrate on the football.

I was privvy, many years ago, to some of the behind the scenes issues.....and it spoilt it for me as a fan.... so I left/resisted the invitations to the players lounge and the ambience of that.....and went back to the terraces, where I feel I belong.

and that's where, i want to stay.

Some of the behind the scenes stuff, I don't want to know......It spoils the dream of being a fan.....but hey ho.

Fair enough - but wages are an important consideration when you're talking about signings and squad planning, which is what we discuss a lot on this forum. 

I'd be happy to see him remain for at least another year.  LB is a position I don't worry about when I see him there.  

The wages thing has obv been done to death - and I'm sure Monchi et al will be crunching the numbers to make sure it works - but if it ain't broke. And don't make us broke. 

We sold him a vision of a project and aiming for CL qualification when we signed him in 2022. And a player who has priors including PSG, Barcelona and Roma will usually be at the premium end of the market. 

If your biggest wages are going to players who aren't amongst your best players or aren't featuring regularly then it's a problem. But he is, so no problem. 

• Like 1

On 16/04/2024 at 23:12, Tomaszk said:

Correct.

I will say though, if he'd played most weeks like he did against Arsenal (where he lost a poor header to Saka at the back post, luckily it went wide at 0-0) there would be no additional negative comment. Can't believe his legs that game! So much running, looked quicker than he's ever looked.

He's been very good recently but can't believe the player of the season shout @Keyblade. Come on. He's not had a better season than any of Martinez, Konsa, Torres, McGinn, Luiz, Bailey, Watkins. No chance.

Wouldn't be surprised if we tried to move him on. Wouldn't be surprised if we offered him a longer contract but reduced the salary.

Most improved, maybe. 

11 hours ago, HolteExile said:

Most improved, maybe. 

I would agree with that, i think he would be my alternative player of the season eg most improved/vs expectation at the start - He was gone in mosts minds with Moreno and Saudi talk but hes been 7 out of 10 most weeks when played and nicked a vital winner at Luton!

Heard McGinn describe him as captain of the French contingent as well. 

His English is better than Diaby's, for example. So might be some help to him with off the pitch stuff etc. 

It all has a role in fostering decent team spirit. 

• Like 1

Lots of videos about recently - he seems to absolutely love it when we score. Often in the background jumping around!
It might just be his personality - but he seems to love the club.

If it wasn't for his wages - there is no way I'd want him to leave, despite being 31 in the summer.

• 2 weeks later...

Wasted so many crosses in that last ten minutes.

Top season from him but I think he's gassed and he also picked up a knock v Chelsea late on so think Moreno would've played this if he'd been available.

We have a few limping towards the end of the season. I think if we can secure 4th on Sunday then him and Bailey won't play again this season after the second leg.

He is just so darn slow and kills so many attacks.

Just no way Digne will be our starting FB next season

Really a shame that Moreno has fallen off a cliff post injury

Edited by Pinebro

6 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

He is just so darn slow and kills so many attacks.

Just no way Digne will be our starting FB next season

Really a shame that Moreno has fallen off a cliff post injury

I'd still keep him given his top level experience. Can't be going into CL with a squad full of players who've barely made a CL appearance between them.

The finances may disagree though unless we decide to move Moreno on instead which I think is a possibility given his injury ravaged season.

Â