Lucas Digne

villan-scott

I do enjoy how fickle we can all be with this stuff. Sky say we're not nailed on for Coutinho and they're a load of chances blagging a living, then they say we're in for Digne and it's break out itshappening.gif.

To try and be balanced while he's an excellent outlet, and great set piece taker. He's not the strongest defensively, he's not as good as Targett aerially and there's no resale on him. But much like I'm trying to be it's about balance as a club. Some signings will not have resale value and it's all about progressing the club now as long as it's not too heavily swayed towards that. 

Again I think Targett is the better defender buy it's a no content from an attacking sense, Digne is streets ahead. If our system is focussed on fullbacks being heavily involved in attacking player with midfielders covering wide it's a sensible acquisition. If we change that system later on down the line less so.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Has Digne got much pace? Probably more than Targett although that's not difficult.

ye quick, not Lamptey quick, but not Targett slow, hes fairly decent for pace.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I like him from an attacking point of view, but whenever we’ve come up against Everton he really hasnt looked great defensively. The way Gerrard wants to play though, the emphasis will be on the full backs bombing on and providing the width while others from midfield filter out and cover the spaces left by Digne/Cash

plus he’s already scored for Villa before even putting the shirt on

If you watch the analysis in the video a few pages back Digne really hugs that touchline and covers the whole distance from back to front. Plus he bring a lot of experience and is another international to add to the squad. He really suits the way we play so is a ready made player to put into the team and improve us. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

I am surprised though as he is best friends with Fredrick Guilbert and I don’t think we’ve treated him that well in his time here.

Deano didn't fancy him for whatever reason 

4 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

To try and be balanced while he's an excellent outlet, and great set piece taker. He's not the strongest defensively, he's not as good as Targett aerially and there's no resale on him. But much like I'm trying to be it's about balance as a club. Some signings will not have resale value and it's all about progressing the club now as long as it's not too heavily swayed towards that. 

Again I think Targett is the better defender buy it's a no content from an attacking sense, Digne is streets ahead. If our system is focussed on fullbacks being heavily involved in attacking player with midfielders covering wide it's a sensible acquisition. If we change that system later on down the line less so.

Digne has better aerial stats than him FWIW.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah not sure why we are suddenly selling him ffs.

Why not convince him to stay and fight for his place?

Injuries? We do this with every position.

He's good enough to be here.

Agree he's shown what he can do, stay and fight or bring Hickey in, win win for us.

Just now, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Spare a moment for those Everton fans who will soon have to see one of their favourite players, holding up a Villa shirt, standing next to Steven Gerrard. All because he cant get on with a manager they all hate.

ECV_1Y9WkAEjHDW.thumb.jpg.0455852426b31eeb9fcf3375a767338c.jpg

12 minutes ago, WHY said:

It was a typo, to be fair, I’ve read far more shite on here than I ever have on Villa Report.

It’s just a running joke dude, I think most if not all respect VillaReport as a news aggregator who re-posts (and references sources) for any Villa related news. 

I can’t remember where it started, but it’s fun to pretend that their some egocentric premadonna who just makes up stuff for attention, but I don’t think anyone genuinely thinks that.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Indigo said:

I do enjoy how fickle we can all be with this stuff. Sky say we're not nailed on for Coutinho and they're a load of chances blagging a living, then they say we're in for Digne and it's break out itshappening.gif.

It’s almost as if it’s a forum of many different people rather than a collective consciousness.

• Like 1

Just now, vreitti said:

Definite upgrade on Targett, so wont complain. Quite surprised though, as I would've thought we have bigger issues elsewhere, e.g. DMF. 

tbh i think both LB & CDM are the two key positions that need sorting now.

Just now, vreitti said:

Definite upgrade on Targett, so wont complain. Quite surprised though, as I would've thought we have bigger issues elsewhere, e.g. DMF. 

I don’t think signings are necessarily made in order of priority, they’re more likely done in order of possibility and availability.

• Like 2

Â