Lucas Digne

villan-scott

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Its not where I would have gone in terms of direction - if have gone young back up to slowly overtake targett

But what do I know, the men running the club have gone for a ready now signing... And with that in mind yeah not a clue how you can moan about signing him, he's an upgrade on Targett no doubt and could come relatively cheap

This is the one thing i am glad of in a strange way. Deano wanted to improve and develop players. Gerrard wants real been there done that experience. And the reason i am glad is that its pretty obvious now that our kids are going to be good enough that we might be able to bring through half a dozen

. That is where the development will be happening.  So i think ready made quality players is the way to go. 

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

This is the one thing i am glad of in a strange way. Deano wanted to improve and develop players. Gerrard wants real been there done that experience. And the reason i am glad is that its pretty obvious now that our kids are going to be good enough that we might be able to bring through half a dozen

. That is where the development will be happening.  So i think ready made quality players is the way to go. 

That's because Gerrard wants to shoot up the table and leave for the Liverpool job in 2 years time leaving us with a team of expensive 32 year olds 

:trollface:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2
  • Shocked 1

15 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

We’ll bring through 2/3 at most. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Why isn’t it? 

If we play the system I think we will, we’ll probably be starting Buendia and Coutinho and Bailey will be on the bench. 

One of Ings and Watkins will be starting so one of these will be on the bench. 

That leaves 5 spaces. Probably taken up by Sanson, Steer, Targett, Hause, Chukwuemeka and Nakamba. 

I don’t see a future for Traore, Trezeguet and El Ghazi. None are good enough. 

9 subs mate. Would be doing well to leave him out even disregarding injuries. 

1 minute ago, messi11 said:

Deary me. How did Everton get in such a mess?
If Coutinho, Digne and Ings flop, could we get in their situation potentially ?

Don't think so if we bring the younger guys through at the same time and the heads stay right, everton look stale as much as anything else to me whereas we've still got that bit of buzz in our fanbase 

17 minutes ago, jim said:

Not sure about this one. Great going forward but can’t defend for toffee(s)

His defensive stats are generally quite good. Rarely gets dribbled past, good in the air, minimal amounts of errors leading to shots or goals etc.

• Like 2

Â