Lucas Digne

villan-scott

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

His Whoscored attributes look decent. I can’t profess to have seen him play much, but he comes with a good reputation and over 40 caps for France, who aren’t exactly a terrible national team! 

827DB195-4367-4967-BF57-293271C3E1A7.jpeg

Well that certainly answers the question "can he play defensive midfield?"

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

Well that certainly answers the question "can he play defensive midfield?"

Haha - I actually think that’s whoscored’s name for the wing back position, I saw it the other day and was a bit confused by it.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Can't believe people are complaining. He's a quality player and two years ago our other LB was Neil Taylor.

You've been a member on here for over a decade, if that still shocks you then it always will.

30 minutes ago, Stoobs said:

Can’t believe Klopp didnt get rid of that dud Robertson and sign Digne in his place. Looks like he is twice the player Robertson is based on those stats. 

That's weird I always thought Robertson flatters to deceive a little...

Glad I'm not the only one.

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If anybody thinks a player with 43 French caps that is in his peak years is not a good signing then I give up. 

Its not where I would have gone in terms of direction - if have gone young back up to slowly overtake targett

But what do I know, the men running the club have gone for a ready now signing... And with that in mind yeah not a clue how you can moan about signing him, he's an upgrade on Targett no doubt and could come relatively cheap

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If anybody thinks a player with 43 French caps that is in his peak years is not a good signing then I give up. 

It's insane isn't it, we're getting a proven premier League player with great attacking output in previous seasons, a French international with nearly 50 caps and people still aren't happy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Its not where I would have gone in terms of direction - if have gone young back up to slowly overtake targett

But what do I know, the men running the club have gone for a ready now signing... And with that in mind yeah not a clue how you can moan about signing him, he's an upgrade on Targett no doubt and could come relatively cheap

Fair enough but I think we’re almost fast tracking progress and the Grealish sale has allowed us to do this. I like Targett but we all know an upgrade is needed. A lot of our squad was purchased to keep us up and stabilise us in this league.  Now that’s been done it’s time to really push on and try and break in to that top 6-7 position.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Â