Yves Bissouma

Corleone

How many people at the club do you think would get the sack if we spent tens of millions on Bissouma, only for him to be convicted of sexual assault soon after.

I could see us doing this sort of thing under Dr Tony, but nowadays we are one of the most professionally run clubs in the country.

I just don’t think anyone at the club would be that stupid unless they know something about the case that we don’t.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

but he isnt a defensive midfielder, he plays centre midfield. He is a very limited centre midfielder

You have not seen him play much I am assuming from your posts?

Edited by Tommo_b

8 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

How many people at the club do you think would get the sack if we spent tens of millions on Bissouma, only for him to be convicted of sexual assault soon after.

I could see us doing this sort of thing under Dr Tony, but nowadays we are one of the most professionally run clubs in the country.

I just don’t think anyone at the club would be that stupid unless they know something about the case that we don’t.

We’d obviously only buy him if that’s an extremely unlikely outcome. He was in a packed club ….it’s apparent that this is not a Adam Johnson/Mendy level case already. 

Hang on people. It was SKY who first told us that Villa were interested in Bassouma. So do we believe it? They didn’t have a clue over Coutinho so why are they so believable now? Brighton have said no approach has been made for the player so I think even if we are interested we’re waiting to see the outcome of the Police investigation - can’t be long now.

58 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

We’d obviously only buy him if that’s an extremely unlikely outcome. He was in a packed club ….it’s apparent that this is not a Adam Johnson/Mendy level case already. 

That’s my point. As a club, we are as far away from unprofessional and idiotic as you can get.

It’s a nice change.

• Like 1

I wonder if we could loan him for the remainder of the season with a mandatory purchase price of higher than Brighton's asking price if his court case dissapears.

The problem we have at the end of the season is that a lot more clubs will be interested.

21 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Think this transfer may have legs, but it’s going to cost us a club record fee by some margin.

Hmmm... For a player with 18months left on his deal I'd be surprised if we bought him for more than 40m

I'd suspect 30ish with add-ons. But I know nothing. 

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

but he isnt a defensive midfielder, he plays centre midfield. He is a very limited centre midfielder

With better defensive midfielder stats than our best defensive midfielder and with better output than our best defensive midfielder.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â