Yves Bissouma

Corleone

19 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Thing was, Bissouma wasn’t “next level” when he signed for Brighton, luckily he hit the ground running could have been different. Morgan Sanson for example was great value but has been unlucky with injury problems,  if he would have hit the ground running and not had the injuries to then we might be having a conversation about him being worth £40m-£50m now, I think we will continue to be shrewd in the transfer market as well as bringing our own youth players through, but we definitely know what we are getting if we sign Bissouma .

He really didn’t hit the ground running either, his first season was very inconsistent. As to be expected I guess

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Maybe, but they may have reasons why they’d accept now as well

Which tells you exactly why it would be a **** terrible idea.

some of you are insane, there’s other footballers out there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, a m ole said:

is there ANY precedent for that kind of deal in the history of football? Would the clause say ‘if he pinched a bum it’s ok, if he touched a fanny no deal?’

It seems I’ve not made things clear. The whole deal would depend upon what happens as a result of the Police investigation. No case to answer (all clear) means the deal goes ahead. If a charge is made and a court case pending then the deal is off. Precisely what he did, allegedly, is irrelevant.

17 hours ago, smg said:

Some specific words here perhaps knowledge, but the suggestion that the sexual assault is ok because it’s not rape is worrying there are a lot of footballers out there why even take the risk with this one

i don't condone it, but it is a broad term when compared to rape. For example, while not pleasant, if on a night out, a bloke might get hit on by some ladies and one might grab their groin area. That can be construed as sexual assault, although the party is unlikely to complain and society is likely to consider it less serious than if a man were to do the equivalent to a woman. i'm sure brighton would not be playing him regularly if there were real concerns. Look at the whole ronaldo allegation saga at united aswell, it seems unlikely that a criminal conviction in these instances occurs.

2 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

It seems I’ve not made things clear. The whole deal would depend upon what happens as a result of the Police investigation. No case to answer (all clear) means the deal goes ahead. If a charge is made and a court case pending then the deal is off. Precisely what he did, allegedly, is irrelevant.

Fair, I was being flippant. Having said that, I’m not sure that’s ever happened before either?

I wouldn’t be against the club deciding that was the right thing to do in that situation, but the doubt about his personality would persist.

Edited by a m ole

2 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

sure brighton would not be playing him regularly if there were real concerns

This is just not true, it’s business as usual until the situation is clearer. City knew Mendy was under investigation and continued to play him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

As good as I'm sure he is, I don't want us to be signing a player that is currently on bail for sexual assault. 

This is where I am. Arse pinch? Something more serious? It’s all irrelevant to me atm. He did something that the police decided was a crime and he has not yet been cleared. 

The kid is class, exactly what we need but I’d be holding fire until atm

3 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

i don't condone it, but it is a broad term when compared to rape. For example, while not pleasant, if on a night out, a bloke might get hit on by some ladies and one might grab their groin area. That can be construed as sexual assault, although the party is unlikely to complain and society is likely to consider it less serious than if a man were to do the equivalent to a woman. i'm sure brighton would not be playing him regularly if there were real concerns. Look at the whole ronaldo allegation saga at united aswell, it seems unlikely that a criminal conviction in these instances occurs.

While this is somewhat of a double standard, it's not exactly the same due to the power dynamic being different. End of the day though, you just shouldn't grope strangers in general. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, lexicon said:

While this is somewhat of a double standard, it's not exactly the same due to the power dynamic being different. End of the day though, you just shouldn't grope strangers in general. 

yes i totally agree, and i hope yves bissouma hasn't done it and it was the person who he was with if anybody

11 minutes ago, a m ole said:

This is just not true, it’s business as usual until the situation is clearer. City knew Mendy was under investigation and continued to play him.

thanks for the info i wasnt aware of that. mendy looks like he will go away for a long time tbh

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Which tells you exactly why it would be a **** terrible idea.

some of you are insane, there’s other footballers out there.

Why?

They may have FFP issues,

they may want to use that money for other areas of the pitch,

they may have a replacement already from youth, player already brought or they have an eye on,

maybe behind the scenes he’s asked to leave,

they might fear he’ll see out his final 12 months and be a free agent, don’t want to risk and hope to sell him now.

I can keep going of good reasons to sell that doesn’t impact our view of him or wanting to buy him.  

Yes there are other footballers out there, also have pros and cons, it seems we have an interest in him based on only rumours I agree.  

9 minutes ago, a m ole said:

This.

I’m not sure why people are using the “but he’s still playing football” as a solid indicator of anything. It’s like they’ve forgotten Sunderland continued to play Adam Johnson despite him informing their CEO he had been courting a child. 

That’s not to say Bissouma and Brighton are similar but it really doesn’t count for much.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

yes i totally agree, and i hope yves bissouma hasn't done it and it was the person who he was with if anybody

I think that is definitely best case scenario and it is maybe positive that the 44 year old seems to be held under conditions that don’t apply to Yves. Obviously not for the victim of course.

On 07/01/2022 at 18:38, sne said:

Gerrard used a 4-3-2-1 formation at Rangers with a teeny tiny DLP in Steven Davis and two more physical and mobile 8s in front of him.

Bissouma would be perfect as one of the two 8's.

In which case the point I made still applies? If we're trying to replace Nakamba in our side then Bissouma is the wrong player. 

I think you can get away with a 58 year old tiny DLP in your side when you only play against a good team 4/5 times a season domestically 

Just now, Olof82Mellberg4 said:

Suspected was a crime. Huge difference.

Not sure I follow. Innocent till proven guilty I agree with of course, but he has been arrested and months after the arrest he has still not had the charges dropped, that doesn’t mean he’s guilty, but it means that the police and the CPS think they have something. 

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

Not sure I follow. Innocent till proven guilty I agree with of course, but he has been arrested and months after the arrest he has still not had the charges dropped, that doesn’t mean he’s guilty, but it means that the police and the CPS think they have something. 

and the fact he hasnt been charged yet could mean the opposite

• Thanks 1

Just now, skarroki said:

In which case the point I made still applies? If we're trying to replace Nakamba in our side then Bissouma is the wrong player. 

I think you can get away with a 58 year old tiny DLP in your side when you only play against a good team 4/5 times a season domestically 

Don't think we are trying to replace Nakamba as much as we are trying to add quality players. Pretty sure we'd have gone for a athletic CM ball winner regardless of Nakamba getting injured.

Think Gerrard want's us to win the ball higher up the pitch than with a deep sitting defensive 6. Luiz can still be the one who collects the ball from the defense and Bissouma and McGinn runs around behind our initial press trying to win the ball. 

Midfield would be

Bissouma Luiz McGinn (for example)

3 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

Does anybody else get the vibe that Brighton have gone ‘public’ with this to try and get a bidding war on the go?

As for Bissouma himself, I think he is a terrific player and one that would make a massive difference to our side. Almost the missing piece of the puzzle.

100% woody. Thats why we need to get this done early.  If he has a good AFCON forget it we wont have  a chance 

Â