Yves Bissouma

Corleone

9 minutes ago, VBM said:

I live in Brighton and watch the Albion very often as all my mates are season ticket holders.

I literally can not think of any player who fits the description of a defensive midfielder more than Bissouma. 

He is a quality player and just what we need. 

Exactly the same as that, I live in Brighton and have mates who are season tickets holders at the Amex. 

Bissouma would be a great signing. 

59 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Think this transfer may have legs, but it’s going to cost us a club record fee by some margin.

No with 18 months on his contract it isn't. No way. 

This would be huge.

Tempting such a highly rated player to make what is arguably a sideways step currently. Perhaps the uncertainty regarding the legal issues may work in our favor in putting off some of the bigger clubs. 

Would be a hell of a signing and perhaps the best January window I can remember for us.

26 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

50m is big biscuits for this guy. I'm not sure. I know he's good and would definitely improve us but I like the look of Zakaria and a few others too.

If not for his brush with the law I reckon he’d already be at Liverpool or Utd. £45-50M is what he’d cost this window & if we can afford it let’s get him.

FWIW I rate Zakaria v highly too, but don’t think he’s realistic - big pay day on a free transfer incoming this summer from a UCL team, imo. 

10 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

50m does sound a bit excessive for a guy with 18 months left on his contract.

For his talent and likely interest from other clubs, it feels about the right price. If it was 30 months left, the price would likely be getting closer to 70m.

Give them 35m rising to 50m with additional fees and get this done before bigger clubs swoop.  The below front 6 (with Bailey, ings, Ramsey and Sanson on the bench) would give any team a game. 

Bissouma

McGinn.                  Luiz 

buendia.                                 Coutinho

Watkins 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

The Athletic reporter for Brighton

IIRC a very similar article came out surrounding Norwich and the Buendia situation in the summer. 

Then the prices quoted were between £40-£45m and we ended up getting him for £38m with addons and he was in a much stronger contract position with the Canaries (albeit they were resigned to losing him). 

If we bid anything north of £40m for Bissouma he's off as long as we can convince the player that a somewhat sideways step is right for him. Gerrard, Coutinho, the training facilities and the obvious ambition of the club can hopefully help with that.

2 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

We’d obviously only buy him if that’s an extremely unlikely outcome. He was in a packed club ….it’s apparent that this is not a Adam Johnson/Mendy level case already. 

I checked on the nightclub's Facebook page and they hold a "classy" weekly event called "CU NEXT TUESDAY". One of the photographs publicising this event shows young ladies with inflatable sex dolls.

Bissouma and another guy were arrested in the early hours of Wednesday morning October 6th, so it must have been at this event.

Another point of possible interest is that the 44 year old guy is still "released on bail conditions" Bissouma is no longer under bail conditions as from a few days ago. Make of that what you will.

Talking to female friends and family they tell me that you have to change your expectations of behaviour in a crowded club venue. Getting your b*m pinched or groped is sadly the norm. I'm not pre judging this, but as DV says it doesn't appear to be on the level he highlighted. 

This is a elite level signing if it happens. I have seen alot of brighton and he is good enough to get in utd, spurs arsenal midfield.

For 40m i think its a steal as he will be worth alot more than that in a couple years. He is still only 25! 

• Like 1

He has a strong belief in his own ability. When asked who was the best midfielder in the Premier league he said that he was.

We need that kind of belief in our midfield (the Rice/Philips confidence). I don't mind a bit of arrogance if it's allied to the ability to back it up.

• Like 1

For me, this is the kind of signing you pay what gets it over the line. Because in the summer and especially next season, if he hasn't moved, a lot more teams get to come into the mix. 

If we still have some financial edge thanks to the grealish sale, then this is the type of player you flex it on. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Awol said:

My example of genuine sexual assault was a pinched bottom. It’s not classy, but it’s not the crime of the century either. Point is none of us know what he is actually accused of.

I know the point you are making, i just thought you word choices are wrong. We've all got wives/daughters/sisters etc. I wouldnt them to be subjected to anything of that ilk, ever.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Â