Yves Bissouma

Corleone

41 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I'll be unbelievably excited if we sign him, just as I am with Coutinho.

I think Guimaraes or Caqueret from Lyon would be better for us across the next four years than Bissouma.

Kamara would be brilliant but, seeing as Ramsey has come up, I have a feeling he's going to be going somewhere and earning over £250k a week. Utd or Newcastle would be my bet.

Actually, former Newcastle player Mikel Merino would also be a good pick-up I think.

Bissouma has had a decent couple of seasons and now everyone wants to chuck £50m at Brighton. Going rate I suppose, but they will replace him for under £20m I think. They possibly already have with Mwepu or Moder. Not my money, but I'd like the squad to be strong and spending that much on him will mean we can't spend as much elsewhere.

Similar to buying from Brentford, got to be careful buying from a side that have such set systems like Brighton.

Once again, if we buy him, I'll be very very excited, because he will fill a role we've been looking to sort out for a while.

Issue with these players is how they'd cope with the premier league.

Caqueret is tiny and there's a good chance he gets overwhelmed.

Mikel Merino was the same, a lot of his stats fell off a cliff at Newcastle because he was getting dealt with physically.

Bissouma is proven in the premier league, we know he can dominate games at this level.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Let’s be clear, there’s also a big difference between Brighton playing him pending outcome of the investigation and laying out a deal worth £40m for his registration pending the outcome of the investigation.

This depends upon how the deal is structured. If the deal stipulates the whole thing, payment of cash included, is dependent upon the outcome of the Police investigation then no problem. Certainly no one with any sense would pay out before the investigation is complete.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

of course it happened in the nightclub, how would the police know he was there on the night

I think part of the job of the police is to undertake surveillance and to track potential suspect's movements, so that when they do want to arrest them, they know where they are as some suspect actually try to evade capture by the police. I don't know if this is the case here but equally I don't believe anyone on here knows

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

I think part of the job of the police is to undertake surveillance and to track potential suspect's movements, so that when they do want to arrest them, they know where they are as some suspect actually try to evade capture by the police. I don't know if this is the case here but equally I don't believe anyone on here knows

why would the police randomly wait until 3.30am to arrest him?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Hint for them, he’s goes to the Brighton training ground and stadium a lot.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

https://www.brightonandhovenews.org/2021/12/08/police-bail-brighton-and-hove-albion-footballer-for-a-further-four-weeks/

Sussex Police said: “Two men have been arrested after a woman reported being sexually assaulted at a venue in Brighton in the early hours of Wednesday 6 October.

• Thanks 1

I’m not excusing the behaviour at all. The only thing is, if it did happen in the nightclub it’s less likely to be something as serious as what Mendy is accused of doing. As a PL footballer for Brighton, in a fairly busy Brighton nightclub, you’d be hard pushed to go anywhere without being followed. However, that doesn’t make it OK at all.

I wonder what the Brighton fans think of the potential charge. Either way, I’d still prefer for us to wait and see what comes of it as it will drag the football club down after so much hard work if he is guilty.

Edited by jacketspuds

9 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

So they chose not to visit the training ground or check the Brighton fixture list or ring his solicitor to make an appointment and instead descended on a nightclub in the middle of the night? Not a chance.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

I’m not excusing the behaviour at all. The only thing is, if it did happen in the nightclub it’s less likely to be something as serious as what Mendy is accused of doing. As a PL footballer for Brighton, in a fairly busy Brighton nightclub, you’d be hard pushed to go anywhere without being followed.

That’s why there is a chance that it happened prior to going to the nightclub. I wonder what the Brighton fans think of the potential charge. Either way, I’d still prefer for us to wait and see what comes of it as it will drag the football club down after so much hard work if he is guilty.

If at all possible I would like to avoid the conversation with my son about why the opposition fans are chanting about one of our players going to jail for touching up women. Really not looking forward to that discussion if i’m honest.

• Like 3

Some curious attitudes to sexual assault in here.

Anyway, think Bissouma is great and all but the idea of paying £50 million for him just shows that Villa have to get better at finding these kind of players before they're in the Premier League and come at such a premium. He's not that unique a player that there aren't many others around Europe you could get for cheaper that would do an equal or better job than him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

We probably won't get him. 

Why?

Main competition in big clubs don’t look active

We can afford him

If we bid sufficiently then Brighton will likely sell

I’m sure Gerrard and Purslow can convince him to come

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

If at all possible I would like to avoid the conversation with my son about why the opposition fans are chanting about one of our players going to jail for touching up women. Really not looking forward to that discussion if i’m honest.

I don't think u have to worry about it, even if we sign him the likelihood is quite remote I suspect. I can't imagine a person getting a custodial sentence for a 1st offence (assuming Brighton did due diligence and he does not have a previous conviction) of touching someone in a nightclub 

4 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Some curious attitudes to sexual assault in here.

Anyway, think Bissouma is great and all but the idea of paying £50 million for him just shows that Villa have to get better at finding these kind of players before they're in the Premier League and come at such a premium. He's not that unique a player that there aren't many others around Europe you could get for cheaper that would do an equal or better job than him.

You could argue we are, Luiz, Mcginn, Konsa, Cash hopefully Sanson all came in for under the value of Bissouma to Brighton.

• Like 1

Â