Yves Bissouma

Corleone

2 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

His job isn’t to assist goals. If someone asked you if Nakamba was a good player would you be talking about goals and assists? Did you watch him against us? He had 7 tackles and 1 interception himself. He’s the second best in the league at what he does only behind Ndidi in my opinion 

Nakamba is a defensive midfielder, Bissouma is a centre midfielder

Completely different players 

"We want to keep all our players but I also understand the way the market is and the way football is. We understand where we are in the football football pyramid.
You know that things can happen but my expectation is that we will have a strong squad come the end of the transfer window.”

Potter on Bissouma speculation. Wouldn’t say he’s nailed on to stay at Brighton this window. Sounds like a man that knows he could be sold if the right offer comes in. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Shocked 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

"We want to keep all our players but I also understand the way the market is and the way football is. We understand where we are in the football football pyramid.
You know that things can happen but my expectation is that we will have a strong squad come the end of the transfer window.”

Potter on Bissouma speculation. Wouldn’t say he’s nailed on to stay at Brighton this window. Sounds like a man that knows he could be sold if the right offer comes in. 

That sounds like has accepted he might be sold.

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Yeah, anyone know why Bissouma didn't play today.

Normally you'd think he would have played in an FA Cup match?

Sounds like perhaps something is happening...

6 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

with regard to the allegations against Bissouma, the club will make use of external legal counsel and their own team and make sure that we are not in a position to lose out should anything happen. This isn't like the mendy situation as far as i'm aware, as in its sexual assault rather than rape allegations and usually he would have been charged by the CPS by now.

I don't know if there is an equivalent of malus and clawback in the football world, but i'm sure the legal teams would not put us in a position where we lose out financially. if something did happen then reputationally of course we would take a hit.

personally i would make the signing if its possible.

Some specific words here perhaps knowledge, but the suggestion that the sexual assault is ok because it’s not rape is worrying there are a lot of footballers out there why even take the risk with this one

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate take anything @Zatman says about anything Brighton related with a pinch of salt.

For some reason he seems to proper despise Potter and the whole idea of anything Brighton related ever being praised or ever being good🤣.

Deano is gone now mate... Potter never took his job either 👀.

( * JV Drops bombs, puts on tin hat and runs out the room.... )

EDIT: Regarding Bissouma, from what I've seen he's a very good all round midfielder, wouldn't even necessarily just call him a " CDM ". He's been very good whenever I've seen him.

The same way I wouldn't even limit Kante to being called a " CDM " as he can do most things quite well.

Things that are not true. I like Potter did a great job in Sweden but he is ridiculously overhyped and so are Brighton. Every Brighton player apparently is better than our players yet seem to struggle every season 

Cannot be a coincidence. Reo-Coker was an awesome midfielder at West Ham then joined Villa and was so limited 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Brighton played mainly a reserve team 

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Probably because he is at the African Nations?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Things that are not true. I like Potter did a great job in Sweden but he is ridiculously overhyped and so are Brighton. Every Brighton player apparently is better than our players yet seem to struggle every season 

Cannot be a coincidence. Reo-Coker was an awesome midfielder at West Ham then joined Villa and was so limited 

To be fair NRC was just a runner. From what I’ve seen Bisouma has a lot of ability too. Be interesting to see how he does for Mali.

13 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Interesting statement.

Bissouma has i think 18 months on his contract, i would imagine he wont sign another one, so either Brighton run down his contract, or try to sell him for a good fee this Jan or in the summer, i would guess they could get more now?

In terms of getting some value from a player that probably wont sign a new contract, and with only 18 months left on it, it would make sense to try and cash in for as much as possible now tbh.

Whether that means we are actually in for him, who knows!, Potter did say they have had no bids for him?

Edited by MaVilla

If we are going for him then it is because there aren't going to be any charges pressed - again it's all an if, but if we are bidding I'd be pretty certain it's because he's been informed that he's no longer in trouble. 

42 minutes ago, smg said:

Some specific words here perhaps knowledge, but the suggestion that the sexual assault is ok because it’s not rape is worrying there are a lot of footballers out there why even take the risk with this one

Pinching a bird’s bum today is sexual assault. When I were a lad that was called Saturday night. 

Not saying things shouldn’t have changed, but literally no one on here knows what the actual allegations are. They may be as trivial as that. If the facts can be established by the club, they may think it’s not a show stopper. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

That and the fact he’s 2000 miles away, sorry couldn’t resist 

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

To be fair NRC was just a runner. From what I’ve seen Bisouma has a lot of ability too. Be interesting to see how he does for Mali.

Of course but if you watch Bissouma every week it seems similar. He looks good because he had a few good games vs us but doesn't mean he is brilliant 

Brighton players all look good apparently but they really arent great 

Edited by Zatman

52 minutes ago, Awol said:

Pinching a bird’s bum today is sexual assault. When I were a lad that was called Saturday night. 

Not saying things shouldn’t have changed, but literally no one on here knows what the actual allegations are. They may be as trivial as that. If the facts can be established by the club, they may think it’s not a show stopper. 

Don't think any type of sexual assault can be classed as trivial. Not for the victims of it

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Don't think any type of sexual assault can be classed as trivial. Not for the victims of it

My example of genuine sexual assault was a pinched bottom. It’s not classy, but it’s not the crime of the century either. Point is none of us know what he is actually accused of.

Â