Yves Bissouma

Corleone

21 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Oddly enough, the furore caused by this accusation might be one of the reasons we are in the race. 

A few clubs that might have been interested may not be because of what is going on. Perhaps we’re just being very pragmatic about it all and taking a view on the situation others refuse to.

Who knows. He will 100% leave Brighton in the Summer, so it’s just a case of whether they will accept a bid now they feel is fair value and bring the money forward to spend on some of their own targets. You have to remember, they have a very good success rate with signing cheaper players and turning them into better, more valuable assets. Bissouma being case and point. They may feel they can sign the next Bissouma for £10m and therefore it’s win win. 

Personally, I don’t see this deal being done in January and I don’t think we’d be in the race if it were left until the Summer. It’s also a link from Sky Sports. How bizarre that they’ve become the bottom feeders when it comes to speculation. 10 years ago, this link/source would have been held in much higher regard. 

FWIW, I think he’s probably one of the best midfielders in the league and would massively improve us and our ability to keep the ball better. We have some decent midfielders but we’re still overly careless in possession. 

That's the sad fact.

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/aug/24/woman-jailed-10-years-false-rape-claims-jemma-beale

I hope people realise that falsely accusing men of sexual crimes is more common place than we think.

Partially, it's because some women feel/know that they can/will get away with it as the tendency to simply persecute men in the court of public opinion without proof is " easy ". It's also easy money, and yes, some women are dispicable enough to almost use this as an easy " Bag ".

Without sounding like a prick, I think it's about time Men get some type of protection as well.

It's the worst thing you can accuse anyone.of, and it's the hardest accusation to shake even AFTER you've been cleared.

Similarly to how in some people eyes, Bissouma has now just been assumed a sexual assaulter ffs.

It's also why in certain cases, a bloke would rather just pay them off to get rid of it altogether, whether guilty or not.

I'm happy that awareness is slowly being raised, and that women are actually being charged for falsely accusing men as well.

Sexual assault is a such a broad term as well,  not saying any kind of assault  is right but, robbery is robbery, murder is murder ect,  I’ve seen people call  Ched Evans a rapist despite the fact he was wrongly convicted, blokes life is ruined he cleared his name but people still drag his name through the dirt.

• Like 4

tricky one this.  on purely football grounds he is exactly what we need and no I don't think there are that many players like him as good as him that are potentially available.  he really is the missing link for us.  Defensive midfielder who reads the game well, breaks up play with ease and has the skill/ability to make a quality forward pass to launch an attack from.  he's twice the player nakamba is.  however all that said he is a bit rapey allegedly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tezzaleed said:

tricky one this.  on purely football grounds he is exactly what we need and no I don't think there are that many players like him as good as him that are potentially available.  he really is the missing link for us.  Defensive midfielder who reads the game well, breaks up play with ease and has the skill/ability to make a quality forward pass to launch an attack from.  he's twice the player nakamba is.  however all that said he is a bit rapey allegedly.

its disappointing he has this baggage.....I don;t know how rare players like him are, but yes, we really need him or one like him to move forward.

13 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Sexual assault is a such a broad term as well,  not saying any kind of assault  is right but, robbery is robbery, murder is murder ect,  I’ve seen people call  Ched Evans a rapist despite the fact he was wrongly convicted, blokes life is ruined he cleared his name but people still drag his name through the dirt.

Amazing what can happen when a £50,000 reward is offered to anyone who can help prove someone’s innocence.

Obviously that had nothing to do with anything.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

Your point is a valid one.....but don't you think CP who probably has more information than we, would risk the clubs money, without due diligence on the subject.

Unless they are sure, all will be well, I don't think a deal will be done anyway....They wouldn't be stupid enough to buy a "pig in a poke"

In Purslow I trust. I also agree a lot with Jamaican Villan's post too in terms of the equality he discusses there. It is terrible that by default, quite often, guilt is always assumed in advance and the man blamed, before any proven outcome. If found innocent, Bissouma, a proven-to-be innocent man, would unfairly have that stain on his reputation that would never quite go away. And what to the defeated false-claimant then, do they get just desserts reciprocatively from the CPS, not enough in my opinion, over the years anyway... It's all beyond me though. 

Good luck to Bissouma, deep down I truly hope this turns out to be a false claim as I am a bit old-school in terms of not wanting scandals creeping into the game at all, here or elsewhere and unfortunately, a player for a position we very much need, has this ongoing. I'm also suspicious of the Sky link too but this must have come from somewhere that they have picked up and ran with. Is he an upgrade on Nakamba, absolutely, do we need a player of his type, absolutely, urgently in fact. Is he the right one now, not for me, yet.

It's a tricky one, but as much as I would feel a slight bit of unease if we did sign him, well tough-titty to me then and I would be behind him come 3pm on a Saturday but if he got found guilty I would be finished with the guy for good. it's a shame I guess in one way I see it this way, but with the uncertainty, he is a big risk. We are an exemplar club with a lot of female fans too, I wonder what their reaction would be if we firmed up our alleged interest.  

19 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Amazing what can happen when a £50,000 reward is offered to anyone who can help prove someone’s innocence.

Obviously that had nothing to do with anything.

So I’m clear (I didn’t actually know he had been acquitted), you’re saying here that the evidence he was acquitted on was fraudulently created to get a reward?

• Like 1

For what it’s worth, I don’t actually think we play with one 6 and two 8’s with Gerrard. We actually play with two 6’s and one 8 because the fullbacks are expected to attack and the two 6’s come across to cover their advances. 

In my mind anyway.

——————-Luiz——————
Bissouma—————McGinn

Might even end up being something like that. Or if you’re really fanciful, Coutinho as the 8 instead of Luiz. 

8 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

So I’m clear (I didn’t actually know he had been acquitted), you’re saying here that the evidence he was acquitted on was fraudulently created to get a reward?

The witness who gave evidence which played a large part in him being acquitted stated that his testimony had nothing to do with any reward money that was offered by Ched Evans’ fiancé.

If you want more details I would look for yourself, as I wouldn’t want to summarise and miss something of importance. And this isn’t really the thread, but I just wanted to make the point that there are aspects surrounding the Evans acquittal which some find troubling.

Edited by Mark Albrighton

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

——————-Luiz——————
Bissouma—————McGinn

Might even end up being something like that. Or if you’re really fanciful, Coutinho as the 8 instead of Luiz. 

Yup, that's how I think we'd line up with Bissouma should we sign him.

Aim is to win the ball higher up than with your #6.

Edit: Sorry, I still think Luiz will be the slightly deeper 6 and we'll have two mobile and annoying 8s who'll make life hard for the opponents.

That's how Gerrard had his Rangers side line up.

Edited by sne

1 hour ago, Midfielder said:

There are surely other defensive midfielders available for that money with zero risk relating to the above. And while that may be dismissive / borderline discriminatory (as there is a good chance he is innocent) I think in terms of risk, it would be better to look elsewhere.

That’s pretty much where I am on this one. No doubting his football ability, but he can’t be the only CDM we can get for upward of £40m. We’re not exactly shopping at Aldi. 

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

I don't know anything but the fact is he still hasn't been charged for the alleged offence has he. 

No, but you don’t want to own a player that is charged, as you’ll have to suspend him (likely on full pay) until the court case is over, and if he’s found guilty the club would want to cancel his contract so we’re not paying wages to someone in jail.

But you don’t get the transfer fee back, right? Worst case scenarios, we might pay £40m on a player and more in wages for someone who might only play for us for a month.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think he is incredibly overrated as a player. His passing stats look good but he doesn't do anything with the ball which for a centre midfielder isnt ideal

I'm amazed you think that because when ever i watch him he does everything you want a midfielder to do. Tackles, drives forward with the ball and uses it well. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Panto_Villan said:

No, but you don’t want to own a player that is charged, as you’ll have to suspend him (likely on full pay) until the court case is over, and if he’s found guilty the club would want to cancel his contract so we’re not paying wages to someone in jail.

But you don’t get the transfer fee back, right? Worst case scenarios, we might pay £40m on a player and more in wages for someone who might only play for us for a month.

Its a  difficult one. Hes a great player, just the type we need, but it comes with a big risk. 

3 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

The witness who gave evidence which played a large part in him being acquitted stated that his testimony had nothing to do with any reward money that was offered by Ched Evans’ fiancé.

If you want more details I would look for yourself, as I wouldn’t want to summarise and miss something of importance. And this isn’t really the thread, but I just wanted to make the point that there are aspects surrounding the Evans acquittal which some find troubling.

Fair enough. Yes, best not to derail the thread then!

Â