Yves Bissouma

Corleone

31 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I'm amazed you think that because when ever i watch him he does everything you want a midfielder to do. Tackles, drives forward with the ball and uses it well. 

I just dont see it but then again Brighton are incredibly overrated as a team. He has one assist in 100 Premier League games. Pretty poor for a centre midfielder

32 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Just take Coutinho with Johan and Gerrard and see Zakaria and sell him the dream. 

Hell, take Mallory Edens with you if it takes that. 

This.

We’re too professional to sign a player with a potential sexual assault conviction, but not quite at the level yet where we won’t employ the services of the owners daughter if the need arises.

Sounds like a plan.

with regard to the allegations against Bissouma, the club will make use of external legal counsel and their own team and make sure that we are not in a position to lose out should anything happen. This isn't like the mendy situation as far as i'm aware, as in its sexual assault rather than rape allegations and usually he would have been charged by the CPS by now.

I don't know if there is an equivalent of malus and clawback in the football world, but i'm sure the legal teams would not put us in a position where we lose out financially. if something did happen then reputationally of course we would take a hit.

personally i would make the signing if its possible.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

with regard to the allegations against Bissouma, the club will make use of external legal counsel and their own team and make sure that we are not in a position to lose out should anything happen. This isn't like the mendy situation as far as i'm aware, as in its sexual assault rather than rape allegations and usually he would have been charged by the CPS by now.

I don't know if there is an equivalent of malus and clawback in the football world, but i'm sure the legal teams would not put us in a position where we lose out financially. if something did happen then reputationally of course we would take a hit.

personally i would make the signing if its possible.

I don't see how that's possible. Only Sussex Police know how their investigation is progressing (or not). If we buy him, he's our problem if this matter ends up in a court case and a conviction.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't see how that's possible. Only Sussex Police know how their investigation is progressing (or not). If we buy him, he's our problem if this matter ends up in a court case and a conviction.

Yeah I wouldn't be up for the club bringing him in before he's been absolved of any wrongdoing to be honest.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

Yeah I wouldn't be up for the club bringing him in before he's been absolved of any wrongdoing to be honest.

does anyone know when this/these case(s) against him will be resolved one way or the other?

54 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

He's a holding player.

Mate take anything @Zatman says about anything Brighton related with a pinch of salt.

For some reason he seems to proper despise Potter and the whole idea of anything Brighton related ever being praised or ever being good🤣.

Deano is gone now mate... Potter never took his job either 👀.

( * JV Drops bombs, puts on tin hat and runs out the room.... )

EDIT: Regarding Bissouma, from what I've seen he's a very good all round midfielder, wouldn't even necessarily just call him a " CDM ". He's been very good whenever I've seen him.

The same way I wouldn't even limit Kante to being called a " CDM " as he can do most things quite well.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

I just dont see it but then again Brighton are incredibly overrated as a team. He has one assist in 100 Premier League games. Pretty poor for a centre midfielder

His job isn’t to assist goals. If someone asked you if Nakamba was a good player would you be talking about goals and assists? Did you watch him against us? He had 7 tackles and 1 interception himself. He’s the second best in the league at what he does only behind Ndidi in my opinion 

• Like 1

Â