Yves Bissouma

Corleone

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Can't see why Brighton would sell him in this window. Surely they can get a similar fee in summer as we'd pay now. 

Maybe, but they may have reasons why they’d accept now as well

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Maybe, but they may have reasons why they’d accept now as well

His contract is running down....I think 18 months left.

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We can't afford to be spending £50mil on one player.

But we can, I don’t understand why we can’t.  We can based on FFP and I’m sure the owners have promised investment to Gerrard.  It’s the one position that is and has been a massive hole and priority so why can’t we?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

You could argue we are, Luiz, Mcginn, Konsa, Cash hopefully Sanson all came in for under the value of Bissouma to Brighton.

For sure, I just mean in terms of those "next level" signings. We've done well with what we've signed to get us to this point, but in terms of kicking on further it's going to be tough to do it if you're spending time getting priced out of moves for the likes of JWP and Bissouma, who'll probably take up most of not all of your budget to improve in just one area of the starting XI even if they happen.

Not my money mind so I'm not complaining if those level of signings happen, but you could hypothetically sign say Sangare and Hickey or something like that for the same amount as Bissouma and improved more overall.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

But we can, I don’t understand why we can’t.  We can based on FFP and I’m sure the owners have promised investment to Gerrard.  It’s the one position that is and has been a massive hole and priority so why can’t we?

I concur.

I would love a clean, shiny, version of Him...perfect for us.

1 hour ago, Olof82Mellberg4 said:

Issue with these players is how they'd cope with the premier league.

Caqueret is tiny and there's a good chance he gets overwhelmed.

Mikel Merino was the same, a lot of his stats fell off a cliff at Newcastle because he was getting dealt with physically.

Bissouma is proven in the premier league, we know he can dominate games at this level.

Exactly. Saul, who has done absolutely nothing this season, would have cost Chelsea how much to buy him outright?

59 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I think part of the job of the police is to undertake surveillance and to track potential suspect's movements, so that when they do want to arrest them, they know where they are as some suspect actually try to evade capture by the police. I don't know if this is the case here but equally I don't believe anyone on here knows

Yeah that doesn't happen, ever, unless there has been a series of crimes or a major crime where a clear target has been identified and they present a significant risk to the public.

The clue is in the news reports that following an alleged incident in a night club 2 men were arrested at the scene.

Add in that it was rammed with 18 year olds away from home for the first time, the odds are in my experience of dealing with such incidents regularly is that a drunk person has been provocatively dancing next to another person, that person will put their hand on the others arse.... that's it. 

Nowadays that is classed as a sexual assault.

Clearly none of these people would have survived in the 80's or 90's where pulling in clubs was purely physical to start with, talking came afterwards.

iF it was him that's felt the arse and there is evidence then the normal way it goes, is a police caution unless there are significant impact factors to make the offence classed as more serious which would be things such as the victim being under 18.

However it is all speculation and IF anything has actually happened it may have been the person he was with.

Edited by brummybloke

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I just mean it's a lot to spend on one player and it'll take up a lot of the room on FFP accounts. 

57 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I think part of the job of the police is to undertake surveillance and to track potential suspect's movements, so that when they do want to arrest them, they know where they are as some suspect actually try to evade capture by the police. I don't know if this is the case here but equally I don't believe anyone on here knows

Edited by brummybloke
Repeat posts

10 minutes ago, Indigo said:

For sure, I just mean in terms of those "next level" signings. We've done well with what we've signed to get us to this point, but in terms of kicking on further it's going to be tough to do it if you're spending time getting priced out of moves for the likes of JWP and Bissouma, who'll probably take up most of not all of your budget to improve in just one area of the starting XI even if they happen.

Not my money mind so I'm not complaining if those level of signings happen, but you could hypothetically sign say Sangare and Hickey or something like that for the same amount as Bissouma and improved more overall.

My vision is, he would lift the rest of the team, in terms of worrying about defending...He could spark the whole revival, then seems cheap.....Thats what Viera and Keane did.

I see this player as a string puller and cohesive force to galvanise the team and release the attacking threat and allow them to relax in the pursuit of goals.

Thats how important, I see it.

A Duncan Edwards or Dave Mackay, if we want to go way back to old football....."A general"

Edited by TRO

10 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

What we really need to do is find out who Brighton will sign in place of Bissouma and just sign him instead.

They've signed a 18 y.o Polish midfielder named Kacper Kozlowski who's apparently very highly rated, but they've sent him on loan to Belgium for the season so might be one for the future.

Cost them £10m so they must believe in him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Thing was, Bissouma wasn’t “next level” when he signed for Brighton, luckily he hit the ground running could have been different. Morgan Sanson for example was great value but has been unlucky with injury problems,  if he would have hit the ground running and not had the injuries to then we might be having a conversation about him being worth £40m-£50m now, I think we will continue to be shrewd in the transfer market as well as bringing our own youth players through, but we definitely know what we are getting if we sign Bissouma .

23 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I just mean it's a lot to spend on one player and it'll take up a lot of the room on FFP accounts. 

It is a lot (for us, historically), but given the importance of having the best player we can get in that role it’s one place where mega spending can be justified. It’s the difference between Villa being decent and being excellent.  

Edit: my first choice would be K Phillips and he’d cost even more! 

Edited by Awol
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PerryBarrPet said:

This depends upon how the deal is structured. If the deal stipulates the whole thing, payment of cash included, is dependent upon the outcome of the Police investigation then no problem. Certainly no one with any sense would pay out before the investigation is complete.

is there ANY precedent for that kind of deal in the history of football? Would the clause say ‘if he pinched a bum it’s ok, if he touched a fanny no deal?’

Â