Yves Bissouma

Corleone

Yeah, there’s several layers to a sexual assault accusation. If a player is accused of it but it’s still being investigated or the court case is in process, it’s normal to suspend the player until there’s a ruling. For that reason I think we won’t go for him, personally. We don’t know how long it’ll be until the case is over.

Anyway, if the court case comes back guilty, obviously he goes to jail and his contract gets terminated. But if he’s cleared, it’s as if we can forget the accusation ever happened. I don’t think it’s fair on anyone facing a criminal charge to just assume they are guilty even if a court has cleared their name.

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/aug/24/woman-jailed-10-years-false-rape-claims-jemma-beale

I hope people realise that falsely accusing men of sexual crime sis more.common place than we think.

Partially, it's because some women feel/know that they can/will get away with it as the tendency to simply persecute men in the court of public opinion without proof is " easy ". It's also easy money, and yes, some women are disposed cable enough to almost use this as an easy " Bag ".

Without sounding like a prick, I think it's about time Men get some type of protection as well.

It's the worst thing you can accuse anyone.of, and it's the hardest accusation to shake even AFTER you've been cleared.

Similarly to how in some people eyes, Bissouma has now just been assumed a sexual assaulter ffs.

It's also why in certain cases, a bloke would rather just pay them off to get rid of it altogether, whether guilty or not.

I'm happy that awareness is slowly being raised, and that women are actually being charged for falsely accusing men as well.

I think that this happened in a club with you would assume many witnesses and cameras, there may be more chance of coming to an accurate judgement beyond victim testimony.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/aug/24/woman-jailed-10-years-false-rape-claims-jemma-beale

I hope people realise that falsely accusing men of sexual crimes is more common place than we think.

Partially, it's because some women feel/know that they can/will get away with it as the tendency to simply persecute men in the court of public opinion without proof is " easy ". It's also easy money, and yes, some women are dispicable enough to almost use this as an easy " Bag ".

Without sounding like a prick, I think it's about time Men get some type of protection as well.

It's the worst thing you can accuse anyone.of, and it's the hardest accusation to shake even AFTER you've been cleared.

Similarly to how in some people eyes, Bissouma has now just been assumed a sexual assaulter ffs.

It's also why in certain cases, a bloke would rather just pay them off to get rid of it altogether, whether guilty or not.

I'm happy that awareness is slowly being raised, and that women are actually being charged for falsely accusing men as well.

Wasn't he arrested straightaway at a nightclub, its not like the accuser blamed him weeks or days later because she found out who he was

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Wasn't he arrested straightaway at a nightclub, its not like the accuser blamed him weeks or days later because she found out who he was

Got no clue about the particulars in Bussoumas case if I'm honest.

Just trying to make a general point based on some of the posts I've seen, and knowledge of the current climate in general.

Another one is, some women will have sex/flirt etc with someone ( For example, drunk, high on drugs etc ) but have a partner and/or are ashamed and regret it when sober, so then use the " rape " and/or assault card as an excuse or out. I've legit seen this happen first hand.

EDIT: Although I should have probably looked at the story before commenting.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I hope people realise that falsely accusing men of sexual crimes is more common place than we think.

Partially, it's because some women feel/know that they can/will get away with it as the tendency to simply persecute men in the court of public opinion without proof is " easy ". It's also easy money, and yes, some women are dispicable enough to almost use this as an easy " Bag ".

I get that side of it too, some women go out there and set these guys up 100% true and a drunk rich, probably poorly educated (because he had a sporting talent that was more important to concentrate on at a young age) chap being given the come on by a Miss World look a like is going to be.interested, he gets led on then all of a sudden she gets scared and offended, I'm calling the police etc, he's 5k go away, this happens.

Like I said in another thread, if he's quilty of far worse then fry the *******, if not then I wish him well and he gets this put behind him asap.

Edit, you said as much above, you are right, it's out there and is a problem too.

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, il_serpente said:

The club has made a big deal about the character of players they sign.   Whether police have enough evidence to charge him or not in the end, I would think the fact that he got himself in a position to be arrested for sexual assault should be enough to give them pause when considering whether to pursue Bissouma.

Unless we know the full facts, its not fair to speculate.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, sne said:

I'm assuming he will be viewed as innocent until proven guilty if we sign him and guilty if we don't sign him?

Spot on. Especially if he signs for a team we really don’t like, in which case he’ll be double guilty and should be locked away forever. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

I get that side of it too, some women go out there and set these guys up 100% true and a drunk rich, probably poorly educated (because he had a sporting talent that was more important to concentrate on at a young age) chap being given the come on by a Miss World look a like is going to be.interested, he gets led on then all of a sudden she gets scared and offended, I'm calling the police etc, he's 5k go away, this happens.

Like I said in another thread, if he's quilty of far worse then fry the *******, if not then I wish him well and he gets this put behind him asap.

Edit, you said as much above, you are right, it's out there and is a problem too.

Its really hard to call unless we know the full facts, so in such circumstances, best not to speculate.

Rich footballers are a target, and "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned".....but equally women need protection, particularly genuine women....well all women, but you know what I mean

Its a tough one...for me, I will steer clear of it, until I know the facts....or he is convicted.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Unless we know the full facts, its not fair to speculate.

Very true and if Villa can get some high level intel on all the facts and established he has done nothing to warrant get arrested, we should be straight in there like someine above already said, at rock bottom prices before it gets cleared and his stock rises again. If he has gone away to afcon this has to be a minor infraction.

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

Very true and if Villa can get some high level intel on all the facts and established he has done nothing to warrant get arrested, we should be straight in there like someine above already said, at rock bottom prices before it gets cleared and his stock rises again. If he has gone away to afcon this has to be a minor infraction.

In terms of the player and his ability, alone.....It is just the type of player, I have been banging the drum for.....I think he would transform us, and our exisiting players would go up a gear.

• Like 2

I'm guessing the club will have the same information he will be putting forward for his defence which will also presumably include any video footage. 

If it is something about nothing they'll make a decision I would think. 

Is there any real evidence we're actually after him anyway? 

• Like 1

Just my opinion. On this particular transfer, I would not make a move for him.

Either he is telling lies or the claimant is. It is that simple and until the courts resolve that, why take the risk on someone who is temporarily tainted by ongoing legal proceedings relating to sexual assault who could end up being found guilty / imprisoned? We would risk losing a player to a custodial sentence, a PR disaster too and a declining asset / resale value. At a premium transfer fee of £30-40m that is a massive risk. 

There are surely other defensive midfielders available for that money with zero risk relating to the above. And while that may be dismissive / borderline discriminatory (as there is a good chance he is innocent) I think in terms of risk, it would be better to look elsewhere.

Sorry that is just my own opinion. If his case proved his innocence in the future I wouldn't be against looking at him then, but I just wouldn't take the risk of signing him in the meantime while we wait to find out if our potential 30-40m player is or isn't a r4pist, as decided by the courts anyway.

• Like 1

Oddly enough, the furore caused by this accusation might be one of the reasons we are in the race. 

A few clubs that might have been interested may not be because of what is going on. Perhaps we’re just being very pragmatic about it all and taking a view on the situation others refuse to.

Who knows. He will 100% leave Brighton in the Summer, so it’s just a case of whether they will accept a bid now they feel is fair value and bring the money forward to spend on some of their own targets. You have to remember, they have a very good success rate with signing cheaper players and turning them into better, more valuable assets. Bissouma being case and point. They may feel they can sign the next Bissouma for £10m and therefore it’s win win. 

Personally, I don’t see this deal being done in January and I don’t think we’d be in the race if it were left until the Summer. It’s also a link from Sky Sports. How bizarre that they’ve become the bottom feeders when it comes to speculation. 10 years ago, this link/source would have been held in much higher regard. 

FWIW, I think he’s probably one of the best midfielders in the league and would massively improve us and our ability to keep the ball better. We have some decent midfielders but we’re still overly careless in possession. 

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Just my opinion. On this particular transfer, I would not make a move for him.

Either he is telling lies or the claimant is. It is that simple and until the courts resolve that, why take the risk on someone who is temporarily tainted by ongoing legal proceedings relating to sexual assault who could end up being found guilty / imprisoned? We would risk losing a player to a custodial sentence, a PR disaster too and a declining asset / resale value. At a premium transfer fee of £30-40m that is a massive risk. 

There are surely other defensive midfielders available for that money with zero risk relating to the above. And while that may be dismissive / borderline discriminatory (as there is a good chance he is innocent) I think in terms of risk, it would be better to look elsewhere.

Sorry that is just my own opinion. If his case proved his innocence in the future I wouldn't be against looking at him then, but I just wouldn't take the risk of signing him in the meantime while we wait to find out if our potential 30-40m player is or isn't a r4pist, as decided by the courts anyway.

Your point is a valid one.....but don't you think CP who probably has more information than we, would risk the clubs money, without due diligence on the subject.

Unless they are sure, all will be well, I don't think a deal will be done anyway....They wouldn't be stupid enough to buy a "pig in a poke"

• Like 1

Â