Yves Bissouma

Corleone

It’s hard to pick out a player that will enhance our play so much, but Bissouma is a player we NEED. We have been crying out for someone that does what he can for many years at this point. Of course, the stumbling block now is that the accusations that have been made are quite serious, otherwise I think there would be a bidding war for his services in this window and Brighton wouldn’t have been able to keep hold of him.
For what it is worth, I really don’t think we are in a position to take a £35-50million punt on a player who may well end up serving time, in one way or another. I’d be surprised if our management team and board saw it differently.  

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Have we got £40m to spend? 

Why would we not? We believe we have space in FFP based on the analysis many have done ignoring that stupid media thing.  So if we have the cash then what else is there? I’m sure Gerrard has been assured of investment and he’s already commented on transfers saying fans should be excited.

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Why would we not? We believe we have space in FFP based on the analysis many have done ignoring that stupid media thing.  So if we have the cash then what else is there? I’m sure Gerrard has been assured of investment and he’s already commented on transfers saying fans should be excited.

Bissouma, Coutinho and Digne would be an unbelievable window. 

• Like 1

Does anybody else get the vibe that Brighton have gone ‘public’ with this to try and get a bidding war on the go?

As for Bissouma himself, I think he is a terrific player and one that would make a massive difference to our side. Almost the missing piece of the puzzle.

20 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

How very dare you. 

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Who out of interest? 

I wouldn't mind us going for kamara on a free in the summer but he's a relative unknown 

I'll be unbelievably excited if we sign him, just as I am with Coutinho.

I think Guimaraes or Caqueret from Lyon would be better for us across the next four years than Bissouma.

Kamara would be brilliant but, seeing as Ramsey has come up, I have a feeling he's going to be going somewhere and earning over £250k a week. Utd or Newcastle would be my bet.

Actually, former Newcastle player Mikel Merino would also be a good pick-up I think.

Bissouma has had a decent couple of seasons and now everyone wants to chuck £50m at Brighton. Going rate I suppose, but they will replace him for under £20m I think. They possibly already have with Mwepu or Moder. Not my money, but I'd like the squad to be strong and spending that much on him will mean we can't spend as much elsewhere.

Similar to buying from Brentford, got to be careful buying from a side that have such set systems like Brighton.

Once again, if we buy him, I'll be very very excited, because he will fill a role we've been looking to sort out for a while.

• Like 1

Kamara is holding out for £150k/w according to the gossips, very likely bs but might be ballpark. Don't imagine Bissouma will want less if he gets a move. The fee for Kamara is supposed to be around £10m which is a whole less than Bissouma would cost.

They are pretty different type of players. Kamara is the type of 6 some have been hoping for and can also play CB in a pinch although he mostly did that earlier in his career not so much now.

Bissouma is much more of a 6/8 mix who's not a sitting player working deep in front of the CB's. Or at least that's not where you get the most out of his attributes as a player IMO. He needs to be all over the pitch being a nuisance trying to win the ball higher up.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, villabromsgrove said:

I checked on the nightclub's Facebook page and they hold a "classy" weekly event called "CU NEXT TUESDAY". One of the photographs publicising this event shows young ladies with inflatable sex dolls.

Bissouma and another guy were arrested in the early hours of Wednesday morning October 6th, so it must have been at this event.

Another point of possible interest is that the 44 year old guy is still "released on bail conditions" Bissouma is no longer under bail conditions as from a few days ago. Make of that what you will.

Talking to female friends and family they tell me that you have to change your expectations of behaviour in a crowded club venue. Getting your b*m pinched or groped is sadly the norm. I'm not pre judging this, but as DV says it doesn't appear to be on the level he highlighted. 

I've had my bum pinched on 3 occasions by women. I wouldn't expect any of them to be barred from pursuing a career.  Or certainly not the be led out of the place in handcuffs. 

But I think there is a bit of an assumption here that that was all that happened. 

Edited by sidcow

On 08/01/2022 at 11:16, Zatman said:

Wasn't he arrested straightaway at a nightclub, its not like the accuser blamed him weeks or days later because she found out who he was

He was arrested in a nightclub. I haven't seen anything to say that the alleged offence was perpetrated in said nightclub on the night of his arrest

1 minute ago, Rightdm00 said:

So where are we at in the bid stage....

Prepped?

Sealed?

Delivered?

I think we all agree he would be a lovely addition but feels like strictly paper talk. 

Monitoring the situation I believe

I guess times have changed - probably for the better tbf.

I had a mate who used to go up to women in bars and bet them a quid he could make their boobs move without touching them. When they agreed he would them grab their boobs, give them a wobble and toss them a quid, admitting defeat.

10 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

He was arrested in a nightclub. I haven't seen anything to say that the alleged offence was perpetrated in said nightclub on the night of his arrest

of course it happened in the nightclub, how would the police know he was there on the night

33 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Bissouma everytime for me, without doubt the best player in that position in this league, that we could feasibly purchase. He's on every fan's wish list, as was Coutinho.

Coutinho wasnt on every fans wish list really was he.

He was on the "fantasy lol if it ever happened i would eat my hat and faint" list.

• Like 1

Â