Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Wolves

limpid

Match Polls  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/10/21 at 22:59

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

2-0 up and tried to be clever. 

Reminds me of Leicester away in 2015. 

Very, very naive from the players and Deano has to take responsibility for making poor subs. 

Exactly this.

Just now, hippo said:

I think the subs had a hand in all 3 wolves goals.

Wolves were absolutely dreadful. 2-0 didn't do us justice. 

We took off 2 borderline internationals. And brought on fringe players - why ? - we were cruising ?

Easy to understand why Luiz was brought off.

• Like 1

I still love the guy and this is nothing like calling for his head, but a lot of that is on Smith. Three single subs gives him no further options. Young isn't the right guy. Why keep two strikers on, especially when Ings' influence is lacking, etc.

Wolves were beat and we gave the game back to them. Traore had stopped trying. 

Thought Buendia was excellent and not sure why he came off - he was still putting pressure on them and running.

• Like 2

Just now, hippo said:

I think the subs had a hand in all 3 wolves goals.

Wolves were absolutely dreadful. 2-0 didn't do us justice. 

We took off 2 borderline internationals. And brought on fringe players - why ? - we were cruising ?

Luiz was shattered but the Buendia sub was bad imo.

• Like 1

Just now, Dale said:

You can't put this on Smith. That was dire from players on the pitch, right subs at right time. Just panicked and capitulated. 

I don’t know. I will usually defend Deano to the absolute hilt, but the coaching here after going 2-0 up wasn’t good. 

• Like 1

The team is a mess this season! I mean what even is the system we are supposed to be playing with this, 2 up top?

To dependent on Grealish, it's coming true, not happy with Smith today! Target on the left, Cash on the right, I mean where is the creativity coming from???

• Like 1

Just now, LondonVillian said:

was not the right subs at the right time though 

Nakamba on to protect lead. Correct. Young on to add a bit of experience and composure. Right. Ramsey on to offer energy. Right. 

I think playing two up top is wrong generally. But unless your changing system with subs those were perfectly reasonable. 

Really really hope that was just a freak last 10 minutes and not Stoke 2009 revisited which was the slow beginning of the end for O'Neill here.

Lose at Arsenal and suddenly the season is rapidly going south again after the high of the win at Old Trafford which really isn't the mentality needed.

To even draw that would've been criminal. Don't understand at 2-0 up and making defensive change why we didn't put Hause on instead of Young. Didn't age well that change given horrible way we defended last 10 minutes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Not really.

Yes it did, people moaned about no changes, we swapped things about and brought Traore and Buenbdia on, changed the shape, and they spent the last 15-20 minutes slapping us all over the pitch 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Didn't watch the 2nd half but sounds like subs were not good. 

Throwing away a 2 nil lead like that is terrible. 

The comments from the usual crowd will be ridiculous as always but it's a terrible result

I'm not even sure I can fully comprehend what happened.

We were incredibly comfortable having scored a second, were then pushed back out of seemingly nowhere and all of the subs made a negative impact.  Not necessarily individually, but overall.  Luiz and Buendia going off were big misses - we just didn't hold the ball after they went.

Massive slice of luck for Wolves at the death though.

• Like 1

Just now, Dale said:

Nakamba on to protect lead. Correct. Young on to add a bit of experience and composure. Right. Ramsey on to offer energy. Right. 

I think playing two up top is wrong generally. But unless your changing system with subs those were perfectly reasonable. 

wrong 

Â