Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Wolves

limpid

Match Polls  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/10/21 at 22:59

Will also add that I thought Michael Oliver was shit, and not for the first time. That's not a reaction either - his decision to give a foul on Tuanzebe when Silva got through was a joke. No need to blow at all - VAR would have had it covered if it were a foul, which it wasn't. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Inside info on what we tried to do this summer? 

Multitude of reasons as to why we didn't sign one 

No inside info, just my opinion. We sold Grealish but spent less than we got for him. And yes we've had poor injury luck. But McGinn is not a good enough player to be starting week in week out of we want to be finishing higher than 11th.

You can't legislate for that last goal, but we looked shaky after going 2 up. We should have further stamped our authority from there but we couldn't keep the ball and the defence went to pot and they took full advantage. What Jacob's was doing in giving away that free - kick, I'll never know.

Felt sorry for Targett, I thought he had his best game of the season. 

Just now, Davkaus said:

I can't see how you aren't.

To fall apart like that from a comfortable lead, to completely collapsing to lose a derby at home...yeah, I'm livid, and I think we all should be. 

Laughing is better than crying. 

A game like this can really determine how we move ahead this season.

The selection was wrong, to concede three goals with three CB’s is shocking.

3-5-2 is not working.

Hope he gets it together because if we do not finish in the top ten he will be gone.

Edited by Reivax_Villa

I had a feeling this wasn’t going to end well when Mings got that infuriating yellow messing about with the free kick. We looked absolutely shattered from going 1 up.

Only ourselves to blame today. Wolves we’re rubbish. 

There’s goals and a good run in this team but it needs to happen soon. Not a time for throwing toys about. Sure it’ll be a long training session on Monday for Ramsey, Axel and Mings…

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Not sure how Nakamba for Luiz was wrong, Doug was never lasing 90 minutes today and Nakamba as 20 minute sub to protect a lead has worked in a few other games.

Probably Buendia should've stayed on, easily his best game for us and a ball carrier to get us up the pitch.

Hause should've come on instead of Young and well the terrible defending kind of suggests that so he had that defensive sub option available and chose not to do it.

We lost our only Midfielder who keeps control of the ball. Keeping both Watkins and Ings on when you are sitting back is just silly. Buendia is easily better defensively than McGinn, so that was a terrible sub as well. 

And the Nakamba for Luiz sub handed the initiative to wolves. If we were subbing Luiz off it has to be sanson on as a player who can really control the middle of the park. 

• Like 3

The infuriating thing is I was just certain as soon as their first one went in. It was just a collapse of a mentally weak side, that we've seen so many times before. I'd have bet my house on it. 

Just now, Djemba_Villan said:

I had a feeling this wasn’t going to end well when Mings got that infuriating yellow messing about with the free kick. We looked absolutely shattered from going 1 up.

Only ourselves to blame today. Wolves we’re rubbish. 

There’s goals and a good run in this team but it needs to happen soon. Not a time for throwing toys about. Sure it’ll be a long training session on Monday for Ramsey, Axel and Mings…

On a different day - that free kick doesn't go in, Axel defends better, and we wake up. Just a catalogue of stupidity today. Like watchin two different teams at times.

• Like 2

Â