Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Wolves

limpid

Match Polls  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/10/21 at 22:59

An absolute disgrace for countless reasons but the biggest thing for me was using Cash and Targett as our main attacking outlets when they’re both so poor on the ball. Decent defenders, yes, but can’t remember either of them finding a Villa player. 

Going 4-3-3 seemed so obvious. Better quality in wide areas and we’d have been out of sight. 

Buendia, Luiz and McGinn (in that order) were our best players. Wing backs and Watkins awful. Ramsey, Nakamba and Tuanzebe catastrophic. 

• Like 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

That Ramsey sub killed us I think, as bad as it feels to say that. Emi was playing really well and Wolves couldn't get a sniff.

I thought Buendia signalled to come off.

Terrible result from where we were against that team

Just now, Davkaus said:

Yes it did, people moaned about no changes, we swapped things about and brought Traore and Buenbdia on, changed the shape, and they spent the last 15-20 minutes slapping us all over the pitch 

Traore came on late in the game - it was only Buendia for Ramsey.

1 minute ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Well that was an anti climax

Why wasn't their first goal off side, have they changed the rule again

Anyone who throws away 2 goal lead wants their arses kicked all the way home. Wolves were shite for most of that game 

Saiss touched it after it had crossed the line. 

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

So Smith making the wrong ones or the squad still not being there? 

Nakamba isn't good enough that's the one that royally **** us

No what **** us is not signing another Midfielder. Luiz is our most important player because a Nakamba and McGinn pivot can't string 2 passes together. 

1 minute ago, TreeVillan said:

I'm sorry but we're a horribly coached team. 

i do agree that we dont seem to have a style of play even after 3 years, and we seem to bottle scenarios more than average, i dunno, its really poor.

• Like 1

Our disdain for having the ball longer than 5 seconds has cost us again. Always going to happen when you panic and slash at it and give them the ball back over and over and over and over an...

Dougie should've stayed on, Target should've come off, a striker should've come off for a midfielder, but we'd rather hooooooof.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dale said:

You can't put this on Smith. That was dire from players on the pitch, right subs at right time. Just panicked and capitulated. 

It’s the managers job to stop them from doing that and keep them calm.

I admit some of the players aren’t good enough like Tuanzebe but then he chooses to play that 5 at the back. No one but him knows why he has persisted with it.

We shouldn’t be losing to an average wolves team at home after being 2-0 up. It’s absolutely awful.

Edited by VillaFaninLondon

That was my last afternoon wasted listening to these spunktrumpets ruin my day.

From now on, a cursory glance at Livescore will be all the attention they get.

Over 50 years following Villa, and that's one of the worst collapses I've seen or heard. Absolutely **** pathetic.

Â