January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

1 minute ago, StewieGriffin said:

😂😂 what an arse-covering uninformed bellend

Hmm, I think he’s been fairly spot on with most things re. Villa. 

I think we’re probably done unless Luiz goes and we throw a load of money at a target that is overpriced. 

40 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Guimaraes done for under £35m.

Wonder if we were interested. I would have loved to sign him. Doubt he's on as much as Ings or Coutinho here.

Couldn't see a more ideal signing for us. We'll have a world beater on our hands if we sign anyone better than him in the summer.

Agree with this, think we missed a trick 

Phil McNulty, isn't like a typical football journalist writing for a newspaper, he doesn't deal in speculation or try to be ITK. If he's saying that there's a good chance that we won't sign anyone, it's probably because he's been told that by the club, so fans can get used to the idea.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

😂😂 what an arse-covering uninformed bellend

Couldn't have said it better.  Wonder if they realise how see through their utter drivel statements are, or if they really believe they're telling the public genuine gold nuggets of information. 

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Phil McNulty, isn't like a typical football journalist writing for a newspaper, he doesn't deal in speculation or try to be ITK. If he's saying that there's a good chance that we won't sign anyone, it's probably because he's been told that by the club, so fans can get used to the idea.

👏 Fans had got used to the idea that we were definitely going to sign a DM, so if the club feels that there's a possibility that that won't happen, then best to let fans know of that possibility via a trust source, rather than let expectation build and build possibly leading to disappointment on deadline day, which would be an unfair end to the window considering the players we've signed. Crucially it doesn't rule out a signing so I think the club are still hopefully, but putting out the idea of no more signings to save disappointment on deadline day 🎬

• Like 1

Think I would rate this window 7/10.

Started well and bringing in coutinho and digne I probably would have given it 9/10 or maybe 10/10 if we’d another first team player like bissouma. Since then though a couple of average squad players and that’s it. Coutinho is also just a loan so really we’ve only added one first team permanent member of our squad. Could all change if we bring another in but that looks like being 50/50 currently and looks like Bentsncur won’t be coming.

So all in all a decent January and certainly one of our better ones, but the hype over our signings is exaggerated. Probably enough to get us top 10 but nothing more.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

To be fair to the journos, with covid most of their chances to have a quiet word at the training ground or after a press conference etc have all vanished. If press conferences are on zoom you’re not going to build up the same rapport to pick up snippets…

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

To be fair to the journos, with covid most of their chances to have a quiet word at the training ground or after a press conference etc have all vanished. If press conferences are on zoom you’re not going to build up the same rapport to pick up snippets…

So less reason to believe them.

Given how we don't usually do late deals, another signing doesn't look very likely. Still weak at DM, but Nakamba will be back soon and the season is pretty much over for us anyway. We can wait until the summer to get the DM we want, without resorting to desperation signings.